What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Fort Apache -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Ken Volok

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken Volok
The first time I saw both the Wyler Ben-Hur and How the West was Won was via KABC's afternoon pan and scan festival!

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Robert Crawford said:
Actually, it was WWOR/Channel 9 that had Million Dollar Movie in NYC.  WPIX/Channel 11 did have Night Owl Theatre and Chiller Theatre. Crawdaddy
Thanks, Robert, for the correction. I was under the delusion that WPIX was Channel 9.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Ken Volok said:
The first time I saw both the Wyler Ben-Hur and How the West was Won was via KABC's afternoon pan and scan festival!
I remember seeing portions of those on that station, but, do you recall, they must have been shown in more than 2 parts?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finally got around to watching Fort Apache over the weekend, and I thought it looked very good indeed. No real complaints from me on the transfer (apart from, as everyone has said, the unnecessarily windowboxed credits).

I also listened to the audio commentary for the first time. In all the years of seeing this, it never dawned on me that it was an "unofficial" statement on Custer! Thank goodness we never get too old to learn something!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks