A Few Words About A few words about...™ Finding Neverland -- in BD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    I didn't see Finding Neverland theatrically, but rather, as a screener followed by the SD Disney release via Miramax.

The BD release from Disney is precisely as I recall the earlier discs, but now in BD, with more of everything.

Neverland, as photographed by Roberto Schaefer, who is best know for his work with director Christopher Guest, as well as Monster's Ball, has it's own specific look. It seems a bit contrasty, beautifully saturated, and with a grain structure derived from Super 35 to a DI to anamorphic print.

There are occasional digital anomalies, which are easily overlooked, but as such will be located by nitpickers.

Overall, one of my personal favorites of 2004, looking superb in BD. I'm pleased to have it in my collection.

Highly Recommended with the caveat that this is not a children's film per se.

RAH

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Nice to hear that Robert. This will be one of the first titles I get when I go format neutral. Like you, FN was one of my top 2 films for 2004.

[​IMG]

3. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    I was surprised to see that FN was sold out last Tuesday when I went to Best Buy. I had assumed that wouldn't be a big release title (i.e. high seller) but I was glad to see I was wrong. I too find it to be one of the best films of 2004 and I'm all too happy for the upgrade.

4. Michel_Hafner

Michel_Hafner Supporting Actor

The print I saw looked grain processed....

5. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Grain processed? You mean processed to remove grain, or to add grain? Super 35s tend to accentuate grain naturally because of the extraction process.