What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ End of Days -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The second wave of Universal Blu-rays is upon us, and I've been able to check out End of Days.

The excellent quality established with the initial release of the three Mummy films on July 22, and then Doomsday on July 29 continues. Its obvious that Uni is fully in control of the technical attributes of their initial Blu-ray releases, and there is no reason to believe that things will not continue positively.

It appears that we're going to be in for a great Blu-ray ride with future releases.

Photographed by the film's director, Peter Hyams, End of Days looks terrific on Blu-ray, with blacks, high key photography and grain fully intact.

Short, sweet and to the point -- with DTS-HD Master Audio the complete package looks and sounds terrific!

No down side.

As reviewed on a 100+" screen, End of Days is Recommended, and a safe purchase.

RAH

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
it should be noted that the hd-dvd was also a very good catalog title including dolby true-hd. you wanna upgrade? i can only say if you actually wanna upgrade, then only if you totally dropped hd-dvd. if you have a good setup for your hd-dvds, then keep it.

my 2 cent ;)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I passed this one off to another reviewer as I'm working on U571 and just finished Miami Vice (plus, you know, those Heros sets are due any day!), but I fully intend to get this for my archive. Thanks for confirming that all three in this batch are top notch (yep, that means U571 is awesome too, full review on that soon as I get through the extras. If you love Sub action (Woofer in addition to Marine) this is your film).

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
No downside?

How about dropping all the extras from all prior releases outside of the commentary.

Sure, maybe they weren't the greatest extras, but I hate it when studios do that.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Thanks for the review Robert, now I can replace my LD of End of Days. Well maybe I'll just keep it as it was one of the last ld made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks