A Few Words About A few words about...™ Election -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    Election from Paramount, on Blu-ray for the first time, is inconceivably... a decade old.

It arrives on Blu with a nice looking transfer, retaining a good measure of the appearance of film, and doesn't appear to have been strained through any sort of heavy clean-up or grain reduction. Even the actual dirt built into the title sequence dupe has been left untainted, although I'm not certain if this is for better or worse.

Election has stood the test of time, and still plays beautifully. As an aside, I did a quick visit to IMDB to remind myself precisely where Election fit in with Mr. Payne's (Sideways) other credits, and found that in an odd turnabout, Sideways is being re-made...

in Japan.

Election is a no problem Blu-ray that comes Highly Recommended.

RAH

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Election is a highly intelligent film, about ... elections.
    It may look like the usual school-flick on first sight, but it certainly isn't.

Great to have it available on BD, and an excellent version as well!

Cees

3. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    This will definitely be added to my collection. It is a brilliant film (and having been both a high school history teacher--I've moved up since then to college teaching--AND overseeing student elections, I found the movie very entertaining).

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I've always been meaning to watch this movie - will definitely check it out on BD.