What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Eating Raoul -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Paul Bartel's over the top, cult hit, Eating Raoul is making its Blu-ray debut via Criterion, and the results of their work are splendid.

Scanned in 2k, from the camera original, the image is perfect. Keep in mind that this is a very low budget film, but within that arena it looks precisely as it should.

Color, density, shadow detail, grain, all fall at the correct levels. Audio, in its original monaural format, has been derived from the original mag tracks.

Not for all tastes. But if you know what you're getting into, an overall pleasurable, and differently odd, experience.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Very much looking forward to this one, as I've always been a fan of Bartel as an actor, but haven't yet experienced one of his films...

TheVid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Vidmar
Got this one during the recent half-price Criterion sale, and it's good to hear the transfer is great. I haven't seen this one since it was first released on video, so a new high-definition Criterion transfer will probably be like watching it anew.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
I was thrilled with how wonderful this looked and sounded after the fairly awful releases on previous formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks