A Few Words About A few words about...™ Dreamgirls -- in HD & BD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, May 4, 2007.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    Dreamgirls is yet another in the short of list high definition software that can be considered "demo" quality.

A highly popular film (Golden Globe Best Picture) as musical entertainment makes it way to home video in absolutely top form in both Blu-Ray as well as HD discs, with the HD sporting higher resolution audio, which I have not had the opportunity to decode.

As far as the pure image quality, Dreamgirls is crisp, clear, clean and glorious. The purity of the image gives a highly polished appearance, which looks superb, with high density colors and deep, rich blacks, making a beautiful transition from the motion picture seen to high definition home video.

Dreamgirls is a Highly Recommended disc in both HD and BD formats. Beautifully produced. And why not. I can't imagine Dreamworks allowing a highdef release into the marketplace which isn't superior in every way.

RAH

2. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Thanks for giving this title your attention, RAH.

Yet another release that's making it difficult to maintain my 'Netflix only' "holding pattern."

3. Shawn.F

Shawn.F Supporting Actor

I just got done watching the Blu-Ray of Flags of Our Fathers. Looks like Dreamworks is two for two in the PQ and SQ departments.