What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Dexter: The Fifth Season -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Dexter Morgan, as played by Michael C. Hall, is the only serial killer in film that is likable enough to invite for dinner.

Still in production, for the benefit of fans, and I am one, Season Five was very special for a singular reason.

Julia Stiles.

Now 30, how did that happen to her...

Ms. Stiles has been turning in quality roles since she was a mid-teen.

Look at her smaller roles in the '90s, and you'll find something special.

Mona Lisa Smile made me sit up and take notice.

And her down and dirty performance in Dexter is a revelation, and not to be missed.

As always, the series, which is shot in HD, has a stellar look and feel. Clean, sharp and beautifully rendered.

Dexter is about as good as adult-themed cable gets.

Highly Recommended.

RAH

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Thanks, RAH!

Immediately after reading this I ordered the set and it arrived yesterday. It's one of the TV series my wife and I now see on BR only (local broadcasts take a year or half-a-year to start over here; others are House, Mad Men, Jackie), and it's a special pleasure to watch a whole season within a week or two (or less) - and then wait another whole year, unfortunately.

(Switched to BD for all of them now.)

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks