A Few Words About A few words about...™ Chicago (1927)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, May 18, 2012.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
  2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

One of the things I enjoy most about films such as this, is knowing that it was filmed just a few years after the actual events which inspired it.

I really enjoyed the NYC exteriors in Jolson's The Jazz Singer realizing that they were not a set designer's idea of what those things would have looked like in the twenties...but actually a contemporary vision.

I won't be upgrading since I purchased the Flicker Alley DVD that was released a couple of years ago. I thought the DVD looked excellent.

3. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    I'm a little confused. The thread title indicates this is a Blu-Ray, and the first comment mentions an upgrade. But you seem to indicate that you are reviewing a DVD.
    On a slightly related note, regarding your comment about Flicker Alley, I see that they will be releasing The Most Dangerous Game on Blu-Ray. Do you expect this to be a recommended purchase (I realize you haven't seen it yet, but you have seen their other products).
    David

4. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    No concept of what future releases might look like. One can only presume.

And yes, this is a DVD. Heading is corrected. Thank you!

5. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    The first time I saw the thread I thought "They released it on Blu-ray??," since it is on the blu-ray board. Good to know I haven't been asleep at the wheel.
    I'll be picking up The Most Dangerous Game for the "bonus" feature Gow, the Headhunter, though I suspect Flicker Alley originally wanted to release Gow, but decided to include a more mainstream related feature as the hook.