What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Born on the Fourth of July -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Have the 2004 anamorphic dvd of Born on the Fourth of July, had it for 5 years and never watched it so pulled it of the shelf last night and gave it a spin just to see how bad everyone says the dvd is.
I was suprised that it looked quite serviceable for dvd, I believe the earlier dvd was not anamorphic.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I thought it looked very nice on my projector set-up. Most satisfying viewing for me since I saw it in its orig theatrical run (never was pleased with all the home video versions).

I wonder - were the first 30-40 minutes bleach-bypassed or treated photochemically in some way? Along with the increased grain in this part of the film, the highlights had this interesting fragile quality of glowing and simultaneously seeming to almost fall apart. Also, during the end credits where the actors' names are superimposed on footage from the film, the shot of Tom Berenger as the Marine Recruiter looks quite different than what was seen earlier (the footage as it appeared "untreated"?).

This might be my favorite performance by Tom Cruise. Quite remarkable, really. Great film.

MattGuyOR

Stunt Coordinator
If you love the movie, you should be quite pleased. At 120" on my 2.37:1 screen, I was sucked right in. Very emotional film, and has always been one of my favorites. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks