What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ An Officer and a Gentleman -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Taylor Hackford's An Officer and a Gentleman, which is unbelievably thirty years old, is a terrifically entertaining film that very nicely stands the test of time.

The new WB release of the Paramount production, as mastered by Paramount, is as film-like as it needs to be for a Blu-ray.

Wonderfully detailed image, and far more easily, superb audio in DTS-MA HD.

An easy one.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

With no handicap.  Just a great Blu-ray presentation.

Highly Recommended

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After viewing this BD in its entirety, I found myself agreeing with RAH's opinion after all. By the way, a very good film with an interesting commentary from Hackford.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I remember absolutely loving this film back in the day. But who didn't? It was iconic in so many ways. Having not seen it for a couple of decades, I admit to having wondered if it would now stand the test of time. Sounds like i should quit wondering, and enjoy.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Happy to hear it, RAH. This is a crowd-pleaser that I think transcends the "chick flick" label and in the 30 years since its release is admirably realistic and even a little gritty in a way that it most definitely wouldn't be were it made for the same demographic today.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It has been years since I watched this, but I'll be darned if each time I watch it I like it more. Fantastic film, and like RAH states a great presentation on Blu-Ray!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I recently upgraded this (from CED!) (just in time for the rumored UHD), and I thought it looked tremendous. The cover artwork could be better but that’s a minor quibble. If only all catalog titles looked this nice.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I recently upgraded this (from CED!) (just in time for the rumored UHD), and I thought it looked tremendous. The cover artwork could be better but that’s a minor quibble. If only all catalog titles looked this nice.
The iTunes 4K/Dolby Vision digital looked mighty good on my 65” OLED.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
After viewing this BD in its entirety, I found myself agreeing with RAH's opinion after all. By the way, a very good film with an interesting commentary from Hackford.
I like his commentaries- he talks pretty much the whole time on Dolores Claiborne, and Devil’s Advocate. Haven’t seen this film in years, and I don’t think I’ve listened to his track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks