What's new

A few thoughts about.....LET THE RIGHT ONE IN (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Finally got this - what a great film and well worth all the praise its been getting.

I got the UK version which does state that it is Region locked to B yet it plays fine on my Region A PS3.
Havent seen the theatrical version so cant comment on the subtitles though there is a translation error I think when Oskar goes to ask his PE teacher if he can join the weightlifting class the teacher replies and the translations is something like "you make strong" instead of it will make you strong.

Would be interested to know the difference between the subtitles now and how it alters anything in the film.

EDIT - ok i have checked it out and it is definitely the theatrical subtitles on this disc too. Judging by some of the translations Im glad I saw it this way first.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Finally got around reading up on what all the hoopla is for this film -- and maybe buying it on BD. Major bummer that the subtitle issue still doesn't seem to be fixed yet, if ever, for the USA BD.

Good to hear the proper UK version is either region-free or at least region-compatible for USA players. Yet another title to consider importing from the UK now...

_Man_

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
According to The Digital Bits, the Blu-Ray version with the theatrical subs, has been spotted in stores. Has anyone found this yet?

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Considering that the UK edition is region-free, has the correct theatrical subs and an audio commentary with the director and novelist/screenwriter (absent on the US disc), I know which edition I'm picking up.

Take that, Magnet...!

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
I finally got a chance to watch my corrected UK disc (bravo to Momentum for offering exchanges to foreign customers!) and I realized that I had forgotten what a great film this is; it's worth every penny. The disc itself left me with no complaints, either. The picture was pleasantly film-like and the sound design was mostly reserved but came through when the story called for it.
Originally Posted by Simon Massey

Havent seen the theatrical version so cant comment on the subtitles though there is a translation error I think when Oskar goes to ask his PE teacher if he can join the weightlifting class the teacher replies and the translations is something like "you make strong" instead of it will make you strong.
I think that the PE teacher's character just talks strangely. In the scene on the ice I remember that another teacher was correcting his grammar (he kept saying "holy" instead of hole).

Znook

Auditioning
Real Name
Znook
I finally got a chance to watch my corrected UK disc (bravo to Momentum for offering exchanges to foreign customers!) and I realized that I had forgotten what a great film this is; it's worth every penny. The disc itself left me with no complaints, either. The picture was pleasantly film-like and the sound design was mostly reserved but came through when the story called for it.
I think that the PE teacher's character just talks strangely. In the scene on the ice I remember that another teacher was correcting his grammar (he kept saying "holy" instead of hole).
Just an update, I did get my updated disc way back in 2009 when the replacements were issued and... I've still not got around to actually watching it yet lol (or the later version, "Let Me In" which I also have). Just been too busy with life and all that that the time's just slipped by. They're both on my todo list for the coming weeks :)

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Just an update, I did get my updated disc way back in 2009 when the replacements were issued and... I've still not got around to actually watching it yet lol (or the later version, "Let Me In" which I also have). Just been too busy with life and all that that the time's just slipped by. They're both on my todo list for the coming weeks :)
Holy dead thread resurrection, Batman! Well, Znook, it's good of you to belatedly let us know you got your faulty disc replaced... No doubt you'll report back in another seven or eight years, when you actually get around to watching it! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks