What's new

a beginner needs some help and advice on purchasing a home theater system, all adice appreciated (1 Viewer)

vwtdi

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith O
Hi all. Just signed up today and looking for help, advice, more help or criticism. I'll be moving into a new house in about 3 weeks and would like to set up a home theater in my new basement (TV and system). I've been doing research for several days now and have come up with a tentative game plan. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but would like a high end entry level or midgrade system that sounds great for TV, music, and movies. The basement is carpeted, drop ceiling, and decent sized. Here is what I'm thinking (haven't made any purchases yet). Vizio XVT3D554SV television Onkyo TX-NR509 5.1 or Onkyo TX-NR609 7.1 receiver (with UWF-1 WiFi adapter) Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker system (was also considering Polk RM705 and RM6750) I won't be doing any gaming, probably won't be using the 3D and plan on hooking the TV up to an antenna for local stations and streaming Netflix or similar for entertainment. I'd like to stay in the above price rang, but nothing is etched in stone with the above components. All comments are welcome, thanks. Keith O

vwtdi

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith O
$600-700 for the receiver and speakers, 1300-1500 for the television.

vwtdi

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith O
thanks Casey, I'll check them out. I was thinking accessories4less for a factory refurbished Onkyo receiver. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? thanks.

vwtdi

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith O
OK...been doing more research and am now looking at and ready to order.. Denon AVR-1912 OR Onkyo TX-NR609 Energy Take Classic 5.1 OR Energy RC-Micro 5.1 I don't mind buying refurbished, where is the best place to buy this stuff (considering price and customer support). Don't hesitate to give me your 2 cents. Thanks much all, Keith

20s2k03

Grip
Real Name
JC
I got my Onkyo TX-SR608 from ac4l.com and all I can say is how pleased I am that I ordered from them! The receiver works amazingly, shipping was right on time, and I am really happy that it comes with a warranty too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks