What's new

A 17 minute Lord of the Rings Promo dvd coming Oct.10, with a catch.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This came from www.cinescape.com I wonder if they will sell it seperately later?:
DVD News
RINGS Promotional DVD
DVD Player comes with bonus LORD OF THE RINGS material.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Wednesday, October 3, 2001
By: FRANK KURTZ
By: News Editor
Source: TheOneRing
Starting on October 10, the Official New Line Shop will beging selling an unusual licensing tie-in to the upcoming LORD OF THE RINGS: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING.
The DVD player will be packaged in a box covered with RINGS promo art and pix. In addition, packed in with the player will be an exclusive 17-minute DVD "featuring behind the scenes footage about the making of THE LORD OF THE RINGS."
TheOneRing.net provided details of what the DVD contains. It's five chapters are as follows:
Chapter 1 - Middle-earth Down Under
Images of New Zealand and the film's sets.
Chapter 2- Imagining Middle-earth
Chapter 3 - Creating Middle-earth
Chapter 4 - Characters of Middle-earth
Chapter 5 - The One Ring
The current selling price on the item is $199.95.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I myself am curious about this. I am certain all relevant parts of this DVD will appear on future DVD versions (coming in 2002 or maybe 2004), but onering.net did say it was a very enjoyable DVD. I am torn b/c I own too many players as it is, so I can't justify it that way. However, I was considering getting my parents a DVD player for X-Mas. Think they'd mind the tacky box missing the DVD
biggrin.gif

There is always the ebay route, but I am cerain it'll run between $50-100. More thoughts to follow. Any other thoughts or recommendations??
Take care,
Chuck
------------------
He had a plan. Maybe you just didn't see it 'til it hit you between the eyes. But, it started to make sense... in a Tyler sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I have this player on pre-order. Figured I needed another player anyway got tired of the PS2 in the bedroom. If anyone is interested I can post a review with some screen shots. Let me know.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Uhm..? Just wondering about something? Why not save your hard - earned cash and download it from a ftp - server or something? Seems pretty darn brutal to actually pay that much just to get a promo fluff piece that lasts 17 mins.
------------------
A Little Slice of Heaven

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
There is always the ebay route, but I am cerain it'll run between $50-100.
Yep, my thoughts exactly! It's bilking time on eBay!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I have decided that my parents are getting a JVC DVD player for Christmas
biggrin.gif

It is a decent player for them, and a nice disc for me.
And I get my fiancee to pay for half!!
Take care,
Chuck

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
What a sucker deal this is!! Why don't they just sell the stupid disc for $10 and donate the money to a good cause? Believe me, Im not into LOTR (but Im sure Ill see the movie based on hype alone) but I am a SW geek and there is still no way you can get me to make a major purchase for a 15 minute clip of a movie coming in two months!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks