What's new

90210: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
164217_large.jpg

164218_large.jpg

164219_large.jpg

164220_large.jpg

164221_large.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This one is really bizarre. The dvds didn't sell that well, back in the day, especially for the last two seasons. I haven't heard anybody requesting a blu-ray of this show, at least, not since it was on the air.

However, it might just be that CBS is now open to the idea of MOD blu-rays for certain shows. If so, this is very good news. If they can make blu-rays for a low-selling, low-demand title like 90210, maybe some of their more popular shows are under consideration?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This one is really bizarre.

That was the first thing I thought, just in slightly, more colorful language.

Is this a case of the show just being ready to go in HD so the discs are going out? Because I can't imagine for the life of me 90210 is going to sell more than The Simpsons...which won't be continuing on BD. (Different studios, I know...)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
That was the first thing I thought, just in slightly, more colorful language.

Is this a case of the show just being ready to go in HD so the discs are going out? Because I can't imagine for the life of me 90210 is going to sell more than The Simpsons...which won't be continuing on BD. (Different studios, I know...)

I have no idea why they chose this particular show for a MOD. Maybe there's more interest than I would have expected. Sales seemed to drop way down for season 4 and 5 dvds; you couldn't even really find them in stores. I just hope it's a sign of things to come. I wouldn't mind MODs of a lot of recent shows that never made it to blu. Shows like Bones and Scorpion that started on blu, but switched back to dvd. Recent shows that never came out at all...

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
The reboot was shot digital. The original 90210 franchise - infinitely better and re-watchable ad nauseam, was done on tape and looks awful on DVD. CBS has a lot of goodies in its hopper it could have put forth ahead of this clunker of a series. Oh well, I suppose its encouraging to see any TV come to Blu-ray.

Howieuk

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
Is this a case of the show just being ready to go in HD so the discs are going out?

Hope so. It does seem bizarre that they have shows on their Syndication Bible that were shown in HD and are listed as available in HD and then are only released on DVD if at all.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The first three seasons did indeed get released on mod Blu-rays about a year after this initial post. The final two seasons never did because the first three seasons didn't sell well. Now those first three seasons are sold out.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Heads up, heaps of copies of Season 1 have randomly popped up on Amazon via third party sellers. Take advantage before it’s too late!

Still looking for a copy of Season 3 if anyone is willing to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks