80 GB PS3 price drop to $499

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Randy*S, Oct 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    I just got a 60 gb version four days ago and now Amazon has both 60 and 80 gig versions at $499!!!!!
    Did I miss a press release or something?
    Granted, I don't plan on downloading full length movies or games but still it really sticks in your craw.

2. frogpond

frogpond Stunt Coordinator

Its funny because we were looking at them and decided to go with the 360 for the time being because of price then BOOM 100 drop. Really ticked us off! Of course this is similar to what Apple did with the iPhone. I wonder if Sony will offer rebates to existing customers although I doubt it.

3. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    I got a ps3 because I think sony haas a bit tighter quality control than microsoft.
    I really wanted a 360 but I refuse to buy one until microsoft puts out a solid product and not a door-stop.
    And I know the ps3 is a great system and plays Blu-Ray disc right out of the box. Unlike the 360 which forces you to shell out a extra $200 for the add on HD player.

The ps3 would be perfect if it allowed me to use my usb stick with games. (I'm handicapped so sticks or mouse/keyboards are easier and more natural for me to use than gamepads.)
    The spider-man 3 game forces you to use the sixaxis controller which sucks.
    Despite this complaint so far I love my ps3!! I only wish I knew about the price drop before.

4. Bob_L

Bob_L Supporting Actor

Bob Lindstrom
    Doesn't Amazon have some kind of 30-day price protection?

5. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    I'm not sure but they are both $499.

6. Don T

Don T Stunt Coordinator

Hey Guys,

I ordered the 80 gig PS3 Motorstorm for $599 from Amazon on Tuesday 10/16/2007. The price dropped and I called them on Friday and they refunded my cc for $100. Its worth a shot to try.

Thank you,
    Don