What's new

8 Abbott & Costello Films Coming! (2/10/04) (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I jsut got this set on the weekend. I've awtched only "Tropics" so far, and really enjoyed it! The film itself is kind of a clunker, but A&C were right on the money. It's my first time seeing any A&C, and I have to admit, if this is the clunker movie of the set, I'm going to be pretty happy.

Hopefully I don;t have any problems with my set, but I can honestly say that the $20 for 8 films is what got me to buy this blind. I hope this is a trend that continues!

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Well, I just watched the first disc of Best Of Abbott & Costello, Vol. 1, I watched One Night In The Tropics on Saturday night & I watched Buck Privates, In The Navy & Hold That Ghost last night. The movies on disc one are One Night In The Tropics, Buck Privates, In The Navy & Hold The Ghost. The audio/video quality is good considering that these movies are over 60+ yrs. old.

But there is a problem with Buck Privates. Buck Privates plays perfectly except for chapter 1. Chapter 1 freezes on my Samsung DVDN501, but chapter 2 & above plays perfectly. I also checked Buck Privates out on my PS2, when I try to play the movie, my PS2 says unable to play disc.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Hi,

Does anyone know if Universal plans on releasing an A&C Volume 4? Their upcoming releases page lists releases through March and there is no mention of this title. There was internet speculation (probably worthless) that the delay between Volume 3 and Volume 4 was due to an attempt to finally work out the "It Ain't Hay" issues with the Runyan estate.

Thanks,

Steve (also hoping for a Kettle Volume 3 and a Francis Volume 2)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks