8 Abbott & Costello Films Coming! (2/10/04)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeffrey, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I jsut got this set on the weekend. I've awtched only "Tropics" so far, and really enjoyed it! The film itself is kind of a clunker, but A&C were right on the money. It's my first time seeing any A&C, and I have to admit, if this is the clunker movie of the set, I'm going to be pretty happy.

Hopefully I don;t have any problems with my set, but I can honestly say that the $20 for 8 films is what got me to buy this blind. I hope this is a trend that continues!

2. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Well, I just watched the first disc of Best Of Abbott & Costello, Vol. 1, I watched One Night In The Tropics on Saturday night & I watched Buck Privates, In The Navy & Hold That Ghost last night. The movies on disc one are One Night In The Tropics, Buck Privates, In The Navy & Hold The Ghost. The audio/video quality is good considering that these movies are over 60+ yrs. old.

But there is a problem with Buck Privates. Buck Privates plays perfectly except for chapter 1. Chapter 1 freezes on my Samsung DVDN501, but chapter 2 & above plays perfectly. I also checked Buck Privates out on my PS2, when I try to play the movie, my PS2 says unable to play disc.

3. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Hi,

Does anyone know if Universal plans on releasing an A&C Volume 4? Their upcoming releases page lists releases through March and there is no mention of this title. There was internet speculation (probably worthless) that the delay between Volume 3 and Volume 4 was due to an attempt to finally work out the "It Ain't Hay" issues with the Runyan estate.

Thanks,

Steve (also hoping for a Kettle Volume 3 and a Francis Volume 2)