What's new

70s Mini-Series On DVD Question (1 Viewer)

Indygirl

Auditioning
Real Name
Ann
I remember the miniseries about the Holcaust that aired in the mid 70's. Does anyone know if its on DVD or if it is ever aired on tv or available thru Netfilx, Amazon prime,etc

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Indygirl said:
I remember the miniseries about the Holcaust that aired in the mid 70's. Does anyone know if its on DVD or if it is ever aired on tv or available thru Netfilx, Amazon prime,etc
There were a couple of prominent miniseries that dealt with the Holocaust, namely Holocaust starring Meryl Streep and James Woods, and War and Remembrance which came out much later than the 70's. Both are available on DVD.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Richard V said:
There were a couple of prominent miniseries that dealt with the Holocaust, namely Holocaust starring Meryl Streep and James Woods, and War and Remembrance which came out much later than the 70's. Both are available on DVD.
It appears to be on dvd. I have checked amazon.com and it is showing available.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Indygirl said:
23shh55.jpg
to the forum :)
Here is the Amazon link for Holocaust (1978)
Here is the link for War & Rememberance (1988)
W&W is the sequel miniseries to the "Winds of War" (1983) miniseries.
I have these in my collection, highly recommend them.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
The 1970s had some great mini-series and it depends on your preference. I personally like the following series, which i have on dvd:
1. Pearl
2. Rich Man, Poor Man
3. Once a Solider
When my budget dollars open up then i will look at other series

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
FrancisP said:
There were also a number of miniseries done under the Operation Prime Time banner from the late 70's to the early 80s. These miniseries were syndicated to local stations. The earlier ones featured the John Jakes novels. Evening in Byzantium had Mideast terrorists using hijacked planes loaded with bombs to hit targets in the US. Unfortunately none of these are on dvd.
Testimony of Two Men Universal (1977)
The Bastard Universal (1978)
Evening in Byzantium Universal (1978)
The Immigrants Universal (1978)
The Rebels Universal (1978)
The Seekers Universal (1979)
Top of the Hill Paramount (1980)
The Dream Merchants Columbia (1980)
Tourist Fox (1980)
A Woman Called Golda Paramount (1982)
Sadat Columbia (1983)
Jenny's War Columbia (1984)
Also other Universal films such as Gray Lady Down and Earthquake featured
extra footage on tv. Superman - The Movie was also shown over two nights and featured extra footage. I would love to buy copies of these.
The Kent Chronicles, the banner name for The Bastard, The Rebel, The Seekers is finally being released as on box set on July 31. I loved those miniseries! Great cast-with a very young Kim Catrall.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for Universal to release Testimony of Two Men with David Birney, William Shatner, Barbara Parkins and Steve Forrest. Also, there's a British production I saw back in the 80s on cable: the 1971 BBC production of Casanova starring Frank Finlay. That's one import that deserves an American DVD release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks