What's new

70's Exploitation Films, Any recommendations? (2 Viewers)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Bad or not, the price of the zombi box is just too good. DVDSOON has it for $13 cdn, that's cheaper than most public domain. If hey totally suck, you can probably pawn it for more than you paid for it.

What's the quality of the Digital Media Experiance Street Fighters?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Russell,
Its non16x9 letterboxed. I got it before I went region free. I havent gotten around to looking up another region 16x9 version.

Its the dubbed version and the pic is pretty clear,but a bit soft.Theres some shimmering as you would guess from a non16x9 transfer.Black levels are pretty good. Its the best Ive ever seen the film look(as Ive never seen a anamorphic version).

Its prob the best youll get in R1, as it looks better than my brothers 2 versions.

Not sure if its mono or 2.0. Its the tinny sounding mix the film always had, and its pretty clear as well, theres no hissing even when you turn it up a bit.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
No Russell, City of the Living Dead is one of Fulci's worst, I agree it was deadly dull. City of the Walking Dead is from Umberto Lenzi and is a "so bad it's good/funny". There's an airplane crash or something that releases radiation creating a zombie army that ravages the Italian countryside. It features Mel Ferrer who was also in both versions of Eaten Alive, but also managed to appear in a Fassbinder film and mainstream American TV shows during this period.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks