What's new

6th avenue electronics experiences? (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I am considering ordering from 6th avenue electronics because they are an authorized Denon etailor. I was thinking about getting the Denon AVR2802. They also have some 2803's out of box for $27 more and claim the warranty is still valid. Anyone have any experiences with them or bought any open box items?

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if Denon will honor the warranty on open box items 6th ave. sells? 6th ave. says they do but I want to make sure (as picky as Denon seems to be). I tried emailing denon but havent got an answer, and their phone no. is long distance.

Roger Li

Grip
6th Ave. is definitely an authorized Denon dealer. I bought my 3803 from them, and had a very good experience. I would think that, as an authorized dealer, what they say about the warranty on an open-box is legit. You could also try calling Denon (the number is on their web site). Though it takes a while to get through, I've found them very helpful.

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
Well the reason I am asking is this: Monday I called originally to order The AVR2802, last years model on clearence for $499. I then noticed they had the 2803 open box for $526 (with 2 year warranty parts and labor below this listing). I thoght it was a steal and ordered it. Then i got to thinking, and contacted Denon about open box items. I then got an email saying they consider this used and the warranty would only be honered for 90 days. I then today called 6th ave. and the rep. I talked to said the warranty should be good for 2 years and if Denon would not honor it they will. This is something I think I should get in writing. I sent an email to them asking to confirm it (so I can save the email). And I think i will call tomorrow
to see if they will send me a letter confirmation.
Its to late to cancel the order since its already shipped.

Sigh, I just hope I dont get a lemon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks