What's new

65" DLP 1080P TV with best picture quality? (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

BTW, looks like Circuit City currently has a coupon for 10% off on the Epson (amongst a few others, but not the Panny) through this Saturday (tomorrow).

$2500 - 10% off is not bad (though you do have to pay sales tax of course). I wonder how often CC (and probably BB also) offer such 10% off deals. I never really paid attention before though I did buy my Nikon D200 from CC 2 years ago using some sort of 15% off deal towards the end of the holiday season.

Also, is there some particular reason you're also only looking at LCD-based projectors, not DLP? Is it only because of the potential problem w/ the rainbow effect?

_Man_

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Very true but I'm such a cheap b*stard that it was worth the risk. And with the profit margin on bulbs I'm betting they will be available for quite a while.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Thx for that coupon tip. I'm not nearly that close to pulling the trigger yet though.

No, not rainbow effect-related at all. I'm very interested in DLP. That is a cost issue: correct me if I'm wrong, there are no DLP front pjs at prices as low as some LCDs such as that Panasonic and Epson.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
just remember...quality is directly related to price, and not all 1080p displays are equal. Some wont even resolve all 1080 lines.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Gregg, I/we welcome your expertise! WRT your post, can you specifically comment on the Panasonic and Epson models? Any experience calibrating either of those units? The customer comments at Projector Central on the Panasonic are extremely positive.

Please PM me if you need to speak candidly/off the record.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
epson is making some great little units (1080ub). Ive seen a lot of color shifted / defective Pannys.

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks

Samsung's 2008 LEDs start at 61". They don't make an LED DLP in a 56". Samsung makes a bulb DLP 56" - not LED. Good luck. Samsung is also coming out with a 67" LED DLP in June of 2008.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Well, I'm all gamed for 61" too if that's all I can get -- I'm flexible between them (as I implied before). Besides, maybe street pricing for the 61" will end up about the same as (or even cheaper than) the old 56" right now, ie. ~$1500 street price. :D

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks