What's new

6 million dollar Home Theater (2 Viewers)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I would have to sit down and listen to and watch this rig before I shot my mouth off on the qualities of it. It is easy to look at a picture and critique it as ugly. The fellow who designed and built this rig obviously built it from the point of view of performance. Aesthetics was way down on his list of priorities. He wanted to demonstrate a rig that would knock your socks off sonically, and this one definitely looks like amply capable of doing the job.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Man what an ugly overbloated mess...
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Also, one has to ask is it really set up that way or has the equipment been arranged that way for purposes of taking a picture? He is marketing different levels of systems. The one in the picture is what he calls the "Beta" system. The picture may only be showing the gear that is used for that particular package. I looked at his site and this level of gear is being aimed at professionals who work in the movie and music industries.

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Does the 6 million include the house?? Maybe if I will 30 million in the lotto I might spend 25K on a system, but 6 million? Seriously, with that kind of money to throw around, he could spend some on research and development and develop something truly amazing. Like a equivalant system for $100K.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The only thing I would do to that theater is hide the speakers and equpment. Seeing all that out in the open like that doesn't make the theater look more impressive, it just makes it look messy.

Speakers, subs and amps should be heard and not seen if one can help it.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I cannot stand shit like this. Like someone stated a home theater system should be heard and not seen. Oh Yeah you spent 6million on a home theater but Buddy it looks like shit. for 6 Million I could have bought a house a nice car and done a full Blown Meridian System and still had money lkeft over to get my wife some new boobies.

Hey Buddy Sorry about your penis. My guess is that he drives a corvette to

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I think he started out small like the rest of us. He would watch a movie and think "it was a little off" and then add to the system. He had the money and my guess he doesn't have a wife to keep him or the WAF in check. Over the years of up-grade-itus, he has arrived with what you see. After years of reading posts on the HTF, I could easily see this happening to many of us. (if we had the resources)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I, for one, salute Mr. Kipnis. His setup is not eye-pleasing to me, but it is his baby. I'm sure my HT would not be pleasing to some here, but it's pleasing to me. Personally, I'd like to take a test drive in his HT and see if it really is the greatest show on Earth. I think it would be cool. I honestly don't understand all the jealousy and bitterness around here as of late... It seems the latest trend is It's not mine so I'm gonna criticize it and the person to whom it belongs. It's not Blu-Ray so it has to suck or your HT is piss poor because you don't have a 1080p 108" front projection set-up and 8.1 lossless capability or your grammar is atrocious so you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I really don't get it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can assure you that it's not bitterness or jealousy that makes me think it's ridiculous to spend $6 million on a home theater. Obviously, it's a labor of love and it's his money so he can do what he wants but I'm still allowed to think it's silly to spend that much money on almost anything.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The strange thing is it doesn't really look like it would cost that much, i'm sure the equipment is top shelf all the way but I would think that a theater built with even the highest quality gear wouldn't reach anywhere near 6 mil.

Is there 24k gold in the gear or something?

For that money I would have bulit myself a full blown auditorium with a genuine film projector and had George Lucas himself come in and handle the audio. :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Where do you get the idea that all criticism must come from "jealousy and bitterness"? If someone is going to claim that something is "the greatest show on earth", it's contradictory for you to say it's only great for him.

From reading his web site, it's apparent to me that much of the cost comes from high end, high dollar accessories of dubious value at best. And no, that last sentence is not motivated by "jealousy and bitterness".

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
You must be confusing HTF with some other place. That's certainly not the forum I enjoy.

--
H

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It's not the forum I enjoy either Holadem, that's why I am commenting on it. I love this Forum dearly, but sometimes I don't understand why people need to be vile with their opinions. It's not entirely directed towards this thread, but threads across the HTF in the last couple months.

Yeah, Bruce, it does kinda look like the Millionaire set. :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
But since this is the thread you chose to make the comment in, your implication is that the criticism in it is "vile". You paint with too broad a brush.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Sorry, guys. You caught me in a bad mood earlier and I kinda lashed out. I apologize if I painted with too broad a brush. I do think that system would sound awesome though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks