What's new

53uwx magic focus (1 Viewer)

ben cocomm

Auditioning
i have a 9 month old hit 53uwx. up until a monthago the unit would cycle thru its magic focus red then green and then blue... with the blue being defocused relative to red and green. now it cycles the same way (red green blue) but the red is defocused relative to the green and blue. cir city sez that is not a problem as the picture looks ok. hitachi doesnt want to touch it and i think i'm getting screwed. i believe (kinda like assume...lol)that as the magic focus cycles each gun is fired individually and if so, the blue gun is no longer defocused its 1mm, but the red gun is? any thoughts would be appreciated... oh i forgot to mention that this would be cir city's third trip on the set and that could play into the " it's o.k." statement. thx, cocomm

ben cocomm

Auditioning
thx michael....my concern is that this is a prelude to bigger problems, i suspect that something in the i2c is buggered. i want to get the set fully calibrated but it would be pointless if the circuitry was getting ready to fail. the cc tech honcho said the secret tech guys at hitachi thought there was no problem also. further stating the defocused gun was barely different from the 2 more sharply focused guns.they must be blind as there is a good deal of difference between the more sharply focused (albeit a bit overscanned)gun and the defocused gun (be it red or blue). in fairness to hitachi, they gave me another repair center to use (they'll come pick the set up. 'll certainly have to wait until after the super bowl and see what effect the second repair shop's work will have on the cc extended warrantee.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks