What's new

53" Panny, Sony s530d, Apex ad-3201.... arrrgghhh!!! (1 Viewer)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I just purchased a 53" Panasonic widescreen this past saturday. I rearranged my entire setup and got everything going. I received the Apex for free when buying the tv. Don't really care for Apex so I figured I'd sell it or give it to my parents. I'd just use my trusty and old (Nov. 99) Sony to watch dvds until I got a Panny rp82... or so I thought.

In the setup menu on the Sony I have it set to 4:3 Letterbox for when I was watching on my 32" direct view Toshiba. Awhile ago my remote died on me, so I purchased the Sony av-2100. The problem? I can't get into the setup menu I need to with the new remote so I can't change the dvd player to ouput 16x9. So I'm forced to use the Apex... The problem?

It's a complete P.O.S. I watched Jurassic Park and had audio hiccups throughout the entire movie. Put in the Fifth Element and it froze halfway through. Put in Dead Alive and it froze also.

I don't get paid for another week and a half. Oh, how this sucks...

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
There is got to be somebody you know that has a Sony DVD player so you can barrow there remote. I have a Sony S560D in my bedroom and I don't even use that remote any more, I use my TV remote to control it.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
My Sony DVD player has a set-up button right on the front panel. Are you sure yours doesn't?

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I don't know anybody with a Sony dvd player. No, the setup button is not on the front panel of the machine. It's really really frustrating.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Lief,
Have you checked out RemoteCentral.com? Perhaps there is a file or code there that you can program your remote with, to gain access to the setup menu.

Failing that, I also have a S530D. Perhaps I could mail you my remote?

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I checked around on Remote Central and I have to have the original remote to learn from.

Don - Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm just gonna tough it out and wait tell next week and order a Panny rp82 dvd player.

The Apex is still freezing on over 50% of discs that I play and has the audio hiccups on many dts tracks that I play. I knew Apex was bad, but this bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks