What's new

50 Movies All Guys Should See Before They Die (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I've seen 34. Does that mean I'm going to go sooner? :)

And to be honest, looking at their list, I'm pretty sure I'll probably never see all of them, but I doubt that I will live for ever.

Does anyone else think that 3 Guy Ritchie films in any list of 50 is too many? Unless it is a list of Guy Ritchie Films. :)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I've seen 41 of them but I think the list was made by a young person.
Of course, at this stage of the game almost everyone around me seems to be a young person.
I got to see R.E.M. tape an Austin City Limits recently....that group has been together 27 years and I was in a studio full of...younger persons. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I just took time to go through the list. I'm concerned about my testosterone levels. I can only account for 13 on the list. :eek: I think I've been whipped into a few too many chick flicks of late! :D

I'm really bummed because one of the one on the list I've seen--Crank-- was really pretty bad. Some of the good ones keep getting pushed back.

Heck, I hadn't seen Pulp Fiction until a few months ago! What a revelation that film was for me. I really regretted it had taken me so long to see it.

I do, however, have three at the very top of my to-watch queue at home...

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
This may be the first time that I've seen a list like this and felt compelled to post about the crappy selections. I have seen almost all of the movies on the list and about 1/2 were _really_ bad. I was half expecting to see Battlefield Earth on the list after reading through the first 25 movies...

OK, so the list is for "guy" movies made in the past 20 years... but not even one Arnold flick (or even a Will Smith popcorn movie like Bad Boys)? How did Lucky Number Slevin get picked over these movies? Where are the comedies? Since it's a young person writing the article I would have at least expected to see American Pie on the list.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've seen 38 of them and all but one of the top 25 (I've no interest in seeing Crank). While there's movies that I think are massively overrated or just plain bad on the list, there's enough good movies on here that the list is pretty good.

I'm always glad to see a nod for Hustle & Flow.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
There are a lot of movies on that list I have no interest in seeing, and I couldn't care less what young guy recommends them.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm with you on that, Robert. I have seen few of those movies and have zero desire to see most of the ones on the list that I haven't.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I've seen all but five of them, three of those having been released within the past year. My immediate impression is that the only useful interpretation of the list is that all of the movies should be seen immediately prior to your death just so that you have a proper appreciation for the blessed, serene embrace of the grim reaper. :D

I say take Match Point off and put Sexy Beast on the list, just for starters. Then I'd drop Scent of A Woman and add Tremors. Goodbye Crank, hello T2: Judgement Day... not too hard to improve this list.

Brad

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
I've seen 40. There are a few duds there, but overall it isn't too bad for what it is.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
No list is complete without Bloodsport

I think I've seen 47 of the 50, and the other 3 are already on my Netflix queue....... maybe its time to beef-up my term life assurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks