What's new

50 Cent booed and pelted with plastic bottles (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Since we're talkin' rock/rap here (in other words, flowers are prolly not an issue), I gree with your post #13, Jeff.

Two Loverboy disses so far, so I gotta chime in:

Deguello was 1979; Loverboy's eponymous debut with big hits "The Kid Is Hot Tonite" and "Turn Me Loose" had not yet dropped (1980). If your memory serves you correctly WRT when this show was BGL, then perhaps Loverboy's not yet having broken out contributed to the bad audience behavior.

That and a promoter who perhaps overestimated the Texas/Canada connection. :)

BTW, I love ZZ Top and Loverboy thank you very much. :D

-p

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
I'm afraid that this is traditional behaviour at UK festivals, and any act playing such a gig knows that it's likely to happen.

I was surprised to learn Mr Cent did a runner though, given his double-hard bastard reputation. Curiously, when Daphne and Celeste played Reading a few years ago, it was a blizzard of bottles, but they finished their entire set, bless 'em. Could it be that 50 is less tough than two teenage girls?

(Love the idea of arresting anyone throwing a bottle, exactly how many officers does it take to arrest 1000+ people?)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Thank you for pointing that out! I can't believe people in this forum don't know about this tradition. It's been a staple of UK concerts for ages, and doesn't have too much to do with the band/artist/performance.

/Mike

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator

arf!

Yes, I'd forgotten about that. Mind you, those protestors weren't armed with bottles of Tennant's Super-derived piss, which is only marginally less toxic than liquid Sarin. Old 50 Pence was lucky to leave with his eyes.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I know, arrest all of them and just wait and see how long it takes before they have to go to the restroom. The ones that don't are the keepers! :)

Glenn

DavidKNML

Agent
A few (4-6?) years ago I was at the KROQ Weenie Roast. The lineup included, The Cure, Offspring, Social Distortion, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Blur, Chemical Bros, And several others.

The Offspring actually asked the audience to give the cleaning crew the night off and to throw everything up on the stage. Next thing you know 1000's of items came flying down and onto the stage. I was in the 10th row and we were bombed with stuff. Never seen anything like it before.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know that story about Doug Kershaw....he and my dad were best friends growing up. One year, John Schneider opened for him at the Indiana State Fair and John wanted my mom to help him with his costume backstage!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks