What's new

5.1 vs 6.1 vs 7.1 (1 Viewer)

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
In a word, YES!!! I have listened to many things both ways (blind tests with friends as well), and every time people pick the 6.1/7.1 sound as the best sounding. Just my .02.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
setup back surrounds, insert Gladiator dts-es to dvd machine, seat on couch, push the play button.
if a smile doesnt come on your face within the first minues, return the speakers to the dealer.
:D
(if you cant do the above test, the answer is yes)...

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hey Jedd,

I share the other guys' opinion that 6.1/7.1 set ups are better. I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V3200 which is rated at 120watts into 6 channels with a DTS-ES discrete rear center signal. I won't go so far as to say that it's a WAY better audio experience, but it certainly is noticeable. I strongly reccomend this receiver if you're considering an upgrade. Happy experimenting!

Matthew G Hetman

Auditioning
I just recently added the two back channels to my system which uses a Denon 3801. It really added a lot to my enjoyment. This is especially true with the DTS-ES discrete titles like "The Haunting", "Bones" and musically Sheryl Crows new album...

Jedd

Second Unit
Damn, this means I go H/K 520 instead of 320, buying stereo amp and two more speakers. :angry: :D

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
JPIII is the one that did it for me.......7.1 is awesome on that DVD.

Spend a little more now or instantly have "buyer's remorse"...

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
itai answered it best. If you watch Gladiator and hear those arrows flying over your head from behind you, you'll kill for 6.1/7.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks