5.0 B&W Speakers for $3K

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by tls36, Oct 14, 2008.

1. tls36

tls36 Agent

Have a super Velodyne Servo F1500 but looking for L, C, R left rear and right rear speakers as my old Polks are dated. What models would be good in B&W for $3K for everything?? Any input appreciated. I am using a projector so shielding is not an issue.[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    For 3k you can get the 683's and the matching center and surrounds. The 700 series may come close to 3k as well. I personally preferred the 683's.

BTW - I ended up going with Axiom. I liked the B&W as well, but the cost difference allowed me to upgrade other components...

3. tls36

tls36 Agent

I will have to check that out. Are your surrounds bi-polar? Geez, that reminds me of an old girlfriend, LOL...................

4. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave

Not exactly... They are "different". Check them out on Axiom's website - loudspeakers,home theater speakers,stereo speakers - AxiomAudio. I have the QS8's.

The one factor that almost made me go with the B&W's was the surrounds. I really liked the idea of having a switch to change from bi-pole to direct. I decided to demo the Axiom's and ultimately decided to keep them.