What's new

4x4 HDMI Matrix (1 Viewer)

Ken52

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth O'Hanlon
I have been doing some research on purchasing a 4x4 HDMI matrix splitter and one common problem plagues them all. And when you think about it, the problem makes perfect sense and can NOT be fixed. (But you can get around it, see below)

Let’s say you have two TVs. One is 3D capable and the other is not. And let’s say you are using a source for these two TV’s that is capable of outputting a 3D signal. And let’s say that this same source is also capable of outputting a non 3D signal as well. The problem is that this source can only output one of these two signals at a time. So the “better” choice as far as the source is concerned is to run the non 3D signal so that both TV’s can be watched at the same time. (This is the whole reason for purchasing the 4x4 matrix splitter in the first place) The same situation holds true if instead of 3D it was a 720P TV and a 1080P TV. The source signal would 720P so that both TVs could be watched at the same time. The bottom line is that the least capable TV will RULE the matrix.

So having said all this, the goal is to have all your TV’s which are hooked to the matrix equal in abilities.

My question is what are all the other parameters that determine a TVs ability as far as the source is concerned?

Obviously 3D and 720 vs 1080. I guess refresh rate is one. What else is in that EDID handshake between the source and the TV that determines the output sent by the source?

Thanks,
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks