What's new

$4k to 'burn'...What to do? (1 Viewer)

Zach

Agent
Ok...not exactly to burn, but definitely burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm moving in the next 3 weeks and would like to celebrate with a new HDTV. Here's what I'm up against.

Budget: Up to $4k...but that's MAXING it out.

Lighting: No control...lots of ambient light. Skylights even!

Uses: HDTV (D*), upconverted DVDs, XBOX, some SD programming.

Wants: Size...the bigger the better! (60" or better would be great!) Black bezel (frame)...not a fan of the current silver component craze.

Needs: At least 1, preferrably 2, HDMI inputs. At least 1, preferrably 2, component inputs.

Did I leave anything out? Probably. Sorry. I've been reading lots about the JVC D-ILA sets and the Sony XS LCD sets...and without seeing them, the Sony has the early leg-up for having 2 HDMI inputs.

Any advice/recommendations? I regard your opinions highly and look forward to your responses!

Thanks!
Zach

Zach

Agent
I just read the press release about the new Sony LCD RP sets due out this spring/summer.

Any early word on the "step up" value on these sets vs. the current XS line?

How new are JVC's most recent DILA sets? Any chance they'll be introducing the next generation, perhaps with 2 HDMI inputs, this spring/summer?

Scott_N

Second Unit
Well my 52" D-ILA looks great during daytime watching because of it's very bright picture and I like it better than my stepfather's Sony 60" Grand Wega XBR. I will be moving into a loft with very large windows pretty soon and this was one of the reasons I went with the JVC. The new models should be here this summer and the 1080 models should be here this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks