What's new

40h80 settings??? (1 Viewer)

JasonZ

Agent
hi,
my toshiba 40h80 is being delivered on tuesday and i am absolutely confused about the set-up. could someone please tell me what the best setting is for the following:
-cable tv (i would like to fill the whole screen)
-progressive scan dvd (black bars ok but i want the absolute best picture quality)
oh, are there different settings required depending on the aspect ratio of the dvd or if it is anamorphic to get the absolute best possible pic?
thanks!

The 40H80 has different stretching algorithms to fill the screen. I almost always use the FULL mode to watch cable, although others may prefer to use TW1, TW2, or TW3.
As for anamorphic DVD, use FULL. For non-anomorphic, I sometimes use TW2.
To get the best picture quality, you'll first need to make sure that you do the 64 point convergence (actually less points, but you know what I mean). There are also a whole bunch of other tweaks that you can do to get better quality. e.g. Mechanical/Electrical Focus, The H-TLV manuever, if your brave, and finally grayscale calibration.

First off, as soon as you turn the set on, lower all the settings to below 50. Contrast,brightness,sharpness,etc. I wouldn't fool around with anything else until it burns in. 100 hours would be a good burn in time.

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Don't you mean break-in, William? Break-in = Good. Burn-in = Bad, very bad.
wink.gif

------------------
Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks