$400 GC at Cambridge Soundworks

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Don T, May 16, 2007.

1. Don T

Don T Stunt Coordinator

Hello All,

I just realized I had a GC for $400 at Cambridge. I know nothing about them. I know nothing about them, but figured I might as well use it. For my HT set up, my weakest link is the receiver, a Yamaha RX V995. But to be honest, I don't really have a need for more.

What should I spend the four hundred bucks on that would an improvement to my HT?

Thank you,
    Don

2. Ron Connolly

Ron Connolly Agent

Ron

Hi Don!
    I think if I forgot I had a $400 GC the first thing I would buy is a white board and some markers so I could make a note of it and hang the white board in a prominent place like on the inside of the front door. Just kidding! DO you need another subwoofer? how about Cambridge SoundWorks BassCube 12S Powered Subwoofer for $349.99.
    Have fun with it!

3. Don T

Don T Stunt Coordinator

Hello Ron,

Thanks for making me smile! I don't know if I will need another sub, I think they one I am buying is going to be a thunderbolt, but we will see. I don't know if they sell DVD players, but a High Def DVD might be an option as well!

Thank you,
    Don

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

That Yamaha receiver is a few years old, but it's a well respected unit.

See if Cambridge Soundworks sells Logitech Harmony universal remotes. These are wonderful devices to give you one-button control of your system. I spent about $120 for the 688 model (which has PVR skip forward/back buttons).

5. Don T

Don T Stunt Coordinator

Hello Bob,

I have a Harmony 890 and friggin love that thing. I have enjoyed it so much that I bought my mother a 880 for Mother's day (its in the tweaking thread under remotes).

I am pretty happy with my current receiver, I guess I will just hold on the the GC, until I find out what is happening with the format war.

Thank you,
    Don