What's new

40-50" monitor/tv help, I'm awash in too much info (1 Viewer)

Daniel T.

Agent
Short n' sweet....

Plasma-Not going to happen, to expensive(tho they do look SOOOOO good).
LCD-Might be willing to play in this league IF the quality justifies the expense.
RPTV-This is looking like the likely candidate.
CRT/Tube type-Yikes, price! Great picture, its a dark horse in this race.

So, what I'm after here: Y'all mind just throwing up some names/models that I can go searching on info for?

Price range ~4000(less is better!)
Size 40-50"
16.9 aspect is very preferred

Thanks a ton.

Dan

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Have you considered FP? OR maybe a combo of FP and one of the more affordable direct-views?

If FP is a no go because of light control, etc., then maybe you should go check out some DLP RPTVs and a Pioneer Elite for that kind of $$$.

OR maybe the best thing is to buy a ~$2K RPTV and save the rest toward some other simultaneous upgrades or the next display upgrade when the technology will have advanced substantially (3-5 years from now).

_Man_

James Edward

Supporting Actor
If I were doing it again(I already own an RPTV), I would see about getting opinions from my ISF calibrator. They know which sets will track grayscale best, and can be tweaked via the service menu for best geometry, overscan, etc. Not all sets can be made 'near perfect' even with calibration.

Go through this part of HTF till your eyes go blurry; plenty of opinions from calibrators have been offered, but sometimes you have to read between the lines...

If you were planning on a calibration, ask the calibrator you are going to use. I know before I buy my next set, my calibrator is getting a couple of e-mails...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks