What's new

4-16-05 4th Cleveland HT Meet!!!! Come on over! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys!

It's nice to hear about your progress, Mike.

I've been concentrating on things other than HT lately. It's rough since I need to upgrade that center channel, but I figure I also need to live a life outside of my HT as well.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
(What did I just say? :crazy: )

I had a friend come over and finally had my truck running, which I've had sitting for 3 years. Then, last week, I traded it in for a 2003 Impala LS. I really like this car. In fact, it's the first car I've owned that I've actually liked. Charlotte's happy to have her Cavalier back. Now we just need to get her license back since she has the doctor's "ok". I also bought a GPS device for the car so whenever she goes anywhere, I don't have to worry about her getting lost. Although, I've let her drive a couple of places on her own now (SHHHHH), and she's done just fine.

Have you guys been to the actual theater lately? I've seen Batman and War of the Worlds twice already. I can't wait to get WoTW on DVD! I hope it's in DTS because it's a Speilberg film. If you ever go to the Cinemark @ Valley View, try to avoid house 24 at all costs. The sound system is terrible. It's like Bose, I think 33% of the audible frequency range is missing, no lows, little highs. However, the second time I saw WoTW was in house 20 and the picture was like going from my X1 to the 4805, way better colors and actually in focus. The sound was also top-notch.

In other news....last weekend there was a police chase in front of my house. I heard the chasee fly by my house at around 90 miles per hour. After 2 cops flew by I went out to check it out. Then another cop, then another, another, another, there were at least 20 cop cars. It was unreal. I was in my front yard and looked down toward the bridge and saw a couple of cars that looked like they were in an accident and there were a bunch of cops doing u-turns. Then they stopped directly in front of my house and took off running into the backyards of the houses across the street. One cop took his car through my neighbor across the street's front lawn around the to backside of his house. There was a lot of yelling and a few "take cover!"s. I probably shouldn't have been standing out in the open like that, but I've never seen anything like this before. Anyway, they finally tackled some guy in the front yard about 5 houses down, cuffed him, and hauled him away. No LAPD treatment, though. :)

It turns out that a guy and his son stole a PT Cruiser. He bounced off of two cars like a pinball and then into a pole right down the street. Amazingly no one was seriously hurt. The car they hit at the light just past my house had a bunch of kids in it and they hauled the mother away in an ambulance. But I went down there before they did and she was sitting on the curb with a neck brace on and seemed in decent shape. Her car wasn't too bad, except for the front tire being ripped off from hitting the curb. I'll bet if she pulled into the intersection a second later, they all would have been killed. Scary stuff.

Well, that's been my excitement recently!
Talk to you guys later,
George

Kip*D

Agent
George,

When are we going to see you on "Cops" ?

I haven't seen Batman or WOTW yet but I did see Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Its a great remake, very enjoyable.

Life outside of HT:eek: Do not speak such blasphamy ! You mean I have to come up out of the basement, be sociable and have other interests? My wife would go into cardiac arrest if I did so.

Kip

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hello everybody!

How's it going? The Indians are tyring for a playoff spot and the Browns are starting next weekend, and against the Bengals too! Another fun year of Cincy/Cleveland bashing! I can't wait.

Over at AVS there's a Columbus thread and they're planning on having a meet soon. I was going to go and was wondering if anyone else here would like to go too? I figured we could car pool or something. I actually have a car now that I'm not too embarassed to have people in. NO DOG HAIR!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike, if you wanted to go, I could pick you up on the way. Also, when we go down there, Kip requested that we come to his place and check out his theater too. Chris said he's interested.

I'll post the date here whenver it's finalized.:)

I'm also going to Michigan for a meet. About a 4 hour drive, but there's a list of about 50 people already. Should be a blast!:)

Ok, I'll talk to you all later,
George

P.S. Did you guys see Red Eye yet? I thought it was pretty good. It's only 1 hour 25 minutes, though, so I went to a Matinee.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Hey George, I've been really busy lately at work. I just started painting my theater, should have it done by the end of the long weekend. Oh yeah, I just order some 090 berks yesterday, be jealous:D. To bad they won't be here in time for the first browns game, although I should have everything set up for the game...good thing I have some camping chairs.

I will have to check out that columbus meet thread at avs.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't know if you noticed that the C-Bus meet is going to be November 26th. I'll probably be going, and also heading to Kip's.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Of course I always want to win, Alan, but since we're already going no where this season, yesterday's loss wasn't that big of a deal to me. In fact, yesterday was the most entertaining game of the season so far and there are actually positives to look forward to for us.

And, we're closer to a high draft pick (no reason to blow that), and Pittsburgh stays way behind your lead! :D Hopefully we can beat them by some miracle to help you out even more. Good luck in the playoffs, though. Indy's looking way too good. And your defense needs a little work.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Tied with one second remaining was WAY to close for me....and you're right, our defense better get with it.

Carson Palmer also probably played his worst game of the year. My prediction is Cincy wil get to the AFC Championship game, and then lose to Indy.

Superbowl....Seahawks over Colts!!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey, if Indy can lose, maybe the Browns can beat the Steelers. Maybe I can win the lottery. Maybe I'll think a Bose system is worth the money. Maybe.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say hello to all of you since it's been awhile. I upgraded my projector and I also now have a working HD OTA tuner. Very happy with the results. My goal is to upgrade my rear surrounds by the end of summer, but we'll see.

Anything new?

Any new Cleveland area members that want to participate?

Talk to you later,
George

Users who are viewing this thread