What's new

3k posts... my life in obsurity.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Today, I even ventured into the Hardware forum! I need to replace my 3-channel surround amp one of these days but I just can't get around to putting the bucks up since birthday season for me is soon (my whole damm family, I mean EVERYBODY except me was born in the fall so not only do I get a big x-mas hit, the birthday hits start to pile up)...
I might have to live with an intermittent surround speaker until I can pony up the $$$ to replace it.
But anyway, thanks for letting me vent my brain over here in After Hours, land of the weird and home of the obscure.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Congrats on 3000 posts Jay! Your not talking about your Bryston amp needing to be replaced, are you? Just checked out your webpage Jay and I see its the Parasound.
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...
[Edited last by Michael Hein on September 22, 2001 at 09:55 AM]

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Congrats Jay on 3000000 posts, I should reach that amount sometime in April 2203, oh wait 3k is 3000 sorry, yeah still a bit impressive, I should reach 3k in.... oh forget it. :)
ps. I looked up Obsurity in my atlas, couldn't find it, must be an old atlas.

Eric Scott

Second Unit
At 3k the newbies think a HT guru like you must have at least $20k setup. They figure that by now when you go to a movie you can count the pixel to artifact ratio!
I hope your posts have been as meaningful to peoples lives as mine?
crazy.gif

To get my modest HT setup I had fight tooth and nail with the little lady. (For sound I'm running a Sony STR-840 with 5 SuperOnes and a BIC 12" sub.) Not too expensive and gets the job done!
It's funny how my wife and kids have never thought I could give them too much. (Only my entire check!) My oldest son is currently "negotiating" with me about how much I'm going to pay for his law school.) My youngest son just took off to college with my old Yamaha receiver and my Cerwin Vega D-9s. I told him that those are too big for your room, you'll shake the whole building with those! He got a big grin on his face and said, "...I know."
Anyway, I came to the conclusion that it was not unfair for me have some toys and have "some" personal enjoyment of my choice.
[Edited last by Eric Scott on September 22, 2001 at 11:49 AM]

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Way to go Jay... so you FINALLY hit the 3k post mark? Took long enough.
wink.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Micheal Hein, Nope, it's not the Bryston, its the HCA 1203a. I think my DIY speaker wire somehow must have looked at the amp funny and it didn't like it. I had a channel go out back in december, 2000 and now another channel is doing the same thing... I also just noticed last night, my PSP 1500 has a LED going on the "video 3" selection.... but as long as it still works....
Ryan W, you know you're not supposed to do that in the water, didn't your mom always tell you not to?
Steve C, Obscuria is about 35 kilometers from the middle of nowhere.
Eric "Great" Scott: If you're middle name isn't Great, it should be so people can call you Great Scott!
wink.gif

Matthew, Deane, Jason, I haven't posted to the Word Association thread in quite some time, but maybe I'll start since I think Matthew thinks I don't post enough... :)
Jay

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
We all pale in comparison to Patrick Sun. At 7,600+ posts here, as well as thousands of posts at Home Theater Talk and DVD Talk, one has to wonder when Mr. Sun finds the time to, say, screen a DVD. (Okay, sour grapes here. ... :) )
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Congrats Jay on 3000000 posts, I should reach that amount sometime in April 2203, oh wait 3k is 3000 sorry, yeah still a bit impressive, I should reach 3k in.... oh forget it.
ps. I looked up Obsurity in my atlas, couldn't find it, must be an old atlas.
Steve Christou has proven once again that he is the funniest guy on the HTF!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Congratulations on hitting 3000! You aren't as "absure" as you think.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Jack, I'm taking up Pat's slack in DVD's :)
Jay, congrats on the milestone.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

brentl

Senior HTF Member
FINALLY :)
I got to 3000 posts
I knew I couldn't post here until I did :)
You are always just a little bit ahead of me.. Must be the new bike :) SWEEET!
You beat me to 2000 and 3000 ..... time to head to the WA thread :)
Or maybe actually try to be helpful and go to the hardware section, but that would make ME less obscure :)
Way to go Jay!
LL cool B

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Congrats fellow member of the obscure [ insert secret handshake ]...
It's sooo nice outside, like 60's and sunny and not humid.. Wow, just came back from a walk and reading National Geographic at lunchtime...
I even got my 3k without too many posts in the WA thread here... Everytime there's a new one, I would post one reply in it, but even then, I haven't posted in there in a bit...
D Jay Jazzy H
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Careful where you point that finger, Jack! I seem to remember when you got your internet service interrupted and you went to the public library to get your HTF fix...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, I remember thinking I'd never reach 1000 posts. Then it's like turning 21...there's nothing more to look forward to, and then next thing you know you're at 3000 posts. Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks