What's new

36 (1 Viewer)

Joseph W

Auditioning
I am looking for a TV for 9' x 12' room. Need help deciding between HDTV 36" like the Sony XBR versus a smaller RPTV like the 40" Toshiba or 46" Mits which are comparably priced. Is the direct-view picture that much better to make up for its smaller size? Either one better for setting up a HT system? Would watch cable and DVDs. Which would you choose?

TimG

Second Unit
Hey Joseph. Not to criticize, but topic headers like yours generally get ignored, so don't expect a lot of replies. It is better to state a simple request in the topic. Now that the wanna-be moderator has spoken, :) , on to your question. Some people just don't like the looks of rptv's and prefer a direct-view. Ambient light has a lot to do with it also, if your viewing habits are to watch stuff with full bright lighting then a direct-view will probably look better. I don't think either set is inherently "better" then the other. It is harder to have burn-in problems with a direct-view though. You are able to go larger with a rptv also at about the same price. Personally I would go with the rptv, but then I have a projector so it would still be too small. :) It mostly depends on viewing habits and personal preference. Read some topics and go out and look at some tv's and make a choice in which you prefer. Good luck.
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks