What's new

300 Spartans Canceled by Fox? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
We have tracked down a new source for Grapes of Wrath and will be releasing a fully restored version in the next 12 months as part of the studio classics line up
Great news Peter. A lot of people will be glad to read this news. I'm happy that the Studio Classics line will continue on after this calendar year. :D :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
Crawdaddy,

which version are you talking about :wink:

It will be out the month after Grapes of Wrath, I'm really looking forward to both of these, but we'll all have to wait a bit longer.

Peter

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It will be out the month after Grapes of Wrath, I'm really looking forward to both of these, but we'll all have to wait a bit longer
Well at least we know it is coming. ;) Will the Studio Classics line schedule for 2004 be published online this year or perhaps be in the DVD keepcase of one of the 4th Qtr releases? Thanks a lot for the update Peter! :D

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Glad to hear the news about Wrath, Spartans and Clementine!

You folks at Fox are making me go broke with these Studio Classics! Not really, since the price is so reasonable...
:)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
absolutely fantastic news indeed Peter.

Great to see that the Fox Studio Classics is to be continued

:emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Well, I hope fans of "My Darling Clementine" knows what that means.:D Thanks Peter!

Crawdaddy

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
[/b]Mr. Staddon's nice replies here evoked several other, unrelated questions. However, the link with 300 Spartans became too loose. To help maintain some structure in our forum I moved these questions to a thread of their own.

Here is the link to "Various Questions to Fox". :)

Cees [/b]

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news about the Fox Studio Classics; the combination of great extras, great transfers, great movies and great price point make them absolute winners all the way around. Nice work, Fox. Glad to hear an even better Grapes of Wrath is on its way eventually. I can wait for that.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Gerry:

Frank Miller's 300 was astounding! I have all the issues, but now want the hardcover. His fullpage art was jaw-dropping (and I know what you mean about widescreen).

What a book!

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I received an actual letter today (5/2/03) from DVD Planet stating that "The 300 Spartans has been discontinued by the manufacturer and will not return."

Based on Peter Staddon's post on 4/9/03, I assume DVD Planet is just uninformed about a later release date.

Peter, the Spartans DVD is still going to be released, isn't it?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd continue to stand by Mr Staddon's post until we hear differently from him. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks