What's new

$300 or under Center Channel Search -- Epos, SVS, MS Avant, Polk? (1 Viewer)

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
So its cheaper to get 3 new then a snell center and your on a budget? I know i've missed something in this thread.

EvanYeager

Agent

That is a lonf thread. I just haven't had time to read through it.

I know this is in that post but -- did you find the narrow frequency response of the MMG-C (100 Hz - 16 kHz) an issue?

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ

I am a phantom guy....I ran my MMGs sans center :) I haven't heard the MMG-C, but I did hear the CC3 paired with some 1.6s. The CC3 is a damn nice unit, I just prefer to spend money on better mains or other areas of my system.

Alan M

Second Unit
" I know this is in that post but -- did you find the narrow frequency response of the MMG-C (100 Hz - 16 kHz) an issue?"

I didnt find it an issue at all.My "C" is crossed over at 100 hz(my pre/pro has seperate cross over points for surrounds,mains and center).I even ran it at a 120 crossover for a while.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
How's the lateral dispersion of the MMG-C? I suspect the lack of crossover and curved element should allow it pretty even coverage?

Alan M

Second Unit
"I suspect the lack of crossover and curved element should allow it pretty even coverage?"

The "C" does have a fairly wide dispersion pattern.My seating area is about 7 or 8 feet wide (14 feet from the C )and the "C" seems to have no loss in detail or volume any where with in that range.

If your contemplating getting the MMGC,please dont forget to read my post above about the break in and the adjustments it needs to sound good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks