What's new

30 Rock - Season 3 (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looking forward to the new season of 30 Rock, which I was pleased to see won the Emmy for best comedy series. It's not often that which you think is truly the best gets rewarded, so it is satisfying when it does. I continue to think this is the funniest show on TV in years. Here's hoping for a full season, instead of the shortened one last year due to the strike.

Is the whole cast returning? Many of the supporting players were under-utilized last year. The show starts up again Oct. 30, I think, after three weeks of the prime time SNL - which could help it if Tina Fey revisits her role as the VP nominee.

Two more things:
- Anyone know why the season 2 DVDs were not issued on Blu-Ray? The show is shown in HD, so why the standard DVDs?

- Credit must be given to Fey, who in an episode of the show that aired in the fall of 2006, correctly predicted the presidential nominees.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That's too bad, because the 30 Rock DVD's look like ass.

FYI, the show isn't starting until Oct 30th!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The premiere last night was a hoot. Glad this show is back; I've missed it. Going to be high profile for the next several weeks with Oprah, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Martin showing up. Word is also that Mad Men's Jon Hamm will be doing a multi-episode appearance.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought the best line of the night was That brought me a good laugh since seeing all the Star trek actors was one of the early attractions of the show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, I thought that was pretty good. Actually, the entire bit about the side effects of the drug got me ;)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
My favorite visual of the past ep was the synchronized running.

Does anyone know if the ratings are up for this season?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The premiere episode had something like 9 million viewers which was BY FAR the highest rating in the show's history. The "Palin Effect" helped big time, but it remains to be seen if people will continue to tune in now that the election is over.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes, it's not exactly the same kind of humor, is it? I appreciate both, but I recognize 30 Rock's is more...esoteric?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
30 Rock is destined to be the next Arrest Development (critically acclaimed, but struggles for survival with so-so ratings). As long as CSI and Grey's Anatomy are pulling in their Thursday night numbers, it won't be easy for 30 Rock to maintain the Palin bump from Fey's SNL appearance, plus she's going to work full-time on 30 Rock now that their season in in full swing.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Last night's episode with Steve Martin was the best yet of the season. He was terrific; here's hoping his character reappears from time to time. Great stuff too with Tracy Morgan and Kenneth the page.

Best comedy on TV.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
The stuff with Tracy's paranoia over his 2 young sons was what made last nights episode (besides Steve Martin). "...if anything ever happens to me. You, and your brother, are going to go to jail!" Great stuff.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
I can't believe no one is talking about this show. This new season is my favorite season so far. It's just spot on. My favorite moments so far are...
"That's right, I have a private jet waiting for me!"
Jack pretending to be someone else at Liz's reunion.
Jennifer Anistons "relationship" with Jack.
The "friend" Liz meets on the airplane.
"Real Night Court isn't the same as the show...do you remember that show, Night Court?"
This show nails different types of comedy styles. From dialogue humor, slap-stick, character driven humor, situational comedy, and complete absurdity, this show has expanded it's comedy from the first season to great results.
Anyone else agree??

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I agree completely. Consistently the funniest half-hour on television.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I have fallen in love with this show.

Sadly I never watched it until this season. Just bad timing since it shared the hour with "The Office" (which I absolutely despise), and there always seemed to be something better on during that hour.

I've learned my lesson and will have to catch the earlier stuff on DVD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The DVDs are highly recommended if you missed either of the first two seasons. The season 2 set in particular has some cool extras, including the live performance of an episode in NYC to benefit the crew during the writers' strike.

The Christmas episode of season 3 was brilliant.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Peter Dinklage pop in. My favorite part of the episode was Jenna's lawsuit-proof rendition of "Piece of My Heart" over the final scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks