What's new

30 Rock - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode. Too bad it was probably the last one we'll see until the strike is settled. :frowning:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I believe I read that the show had a few more in the can. I think we will see one or two more in December (after the Thanksgiving week of specials).

According to the New York Times, the cast is peforming 30 Rock live on stage in Manhattan (in Chelsea). Tickets (for tonight) are sold out. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/19/ar...81b&ei=5087%0A

SNL was performed at the same theater the other night.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
"Cougars"

This show really has a way to keep piling on the jokes; they have to figure: hey, if this one doesn't get you, no wait for the next. The thing is, most of them work.. and the actors in this really sell the goofy nature of the whole premise.

Everything about Lemon's relationship with a 20 year old were killer here; my wife and I, lets just say "in Liz age bracket" :) both appreciated it, laughed more then a little at some of the pop-culture references he missed out on..

The end with her seeing him with his mom.. classic stuff.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That was the only part I didn't like. Too predictable and weak writing. This show is better than that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I also didn't think much of "Cougars" because it lacked a certain amount of cohesiveness that I have come to expect with this show. It was more like throwing spaghetti and seeing what sticks to the wall.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This was the first really great episode this season in my book. Unlike last season, the rest of this season has spaced the laughs out way too sparingly.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
"Secrets and Lies" was a great episode. Edie Falco is great in that role -- and the scene at the end where all those business execs are making confessions after Jack makes his is one of the best of the season.

Phil_L

Second Unit
Anyone notice some new censorship in the repeat that aired last night? It was the ep with Carrie Fisher. Fisher's character used a couple of racial slurs that aired uncensored in the original broadcast but were bleeped last night.

Phil_L

Second Unit

Not for the airing I saw on the East Coast. I was taken aback that they aired uncensored, then surprised to see that they had been bleeped later on. Maybe NBC got calls about it after the original East Coast airing and bleeped it for the subsequent airings.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I still have the HD recording from the original airing (NYC area), and they bleeped everything. She even turns her head so you can't make out what she says, so it was meant to be bleeped (ie, it was part of the joke).

Phil_L

Second Unit

Weird. The SD feed I watched was left totally uncensored, which I found quite shocking.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If anyone missed last Thurday's Christmas episode, with Buck Henry and Andy Richter as Liz' father and brother, respectively, go to NBC.com and watch it. Easily one of the best of the series yet and I think this season has been even better than the first. As Tracy Jordan might say, "A+, Liz Lemon!"

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was hoping Jack's mom would be foiled, but ultimately there were more laughs with the Lemon's bickering.

contantgawping

Auditioning
Real Name
Constance Gaw
30 Rock is definitely one of the best thing. I hope they don't run out of episodes before this strike ends. I don't know how much more reality TV I can take :eek:

"Werefolf bar mitzvah, spooky scary! The boys become men, and the men become wolves!"

---has to be one of the best lines ever. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks