What's new

30% off one item @ Borders thru 12-19-2005 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
'welcome!

Used one myself last night (actually, used TWO last night)! :b Don't turn me in!

Got one $18.99 CD for $13.23. And, got a $16.99 book for $11.89. Both Christmas gifts! :emoji_thumbsup:

Also picked up the King Kong Production Diaries which Borders has on sale at $29.99. Saw KK today in the theater! Awesome. Really an incredible feat. Can't wait to watch these features! Regular price will be $39.99. Since the coupon comes off the regular price, the KKPD would have been reduced to just $27.99. Took the other savings instead.

Also picked up a couple other things at regular price...so Borders probably still made some money off me! :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The only bad thing about this coupon is two words: Regular Price.

I picked up the Rent Highlights album thinking I'd get a pretty good bargain from a clueless cashier, but I ended up with the on-the-ball cashier and ended up getting 30% off $18.99 (not the $14.99 'sale' price). So I paid about $.75 less than most other places, still a moderately good deal. Though, my mom was miffed that I didn't have a coupon for her! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm pretty sure that at Borders...it's all done in the register. That the cashiers scan the items...and the discounts are automatically taken off the regular price by the computerized registers.

There are some really good bargains to be had with these coupons...

Personally, I think the only "bad thing" about them is "one item". I actually think I cut back on the number of items I buy when I have those coupons...because I wish I was getting the discount on EVERYTHING! :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'm sure it is, but she knew about it (and gently told me, but I knew) before she started ringing it up. Of course, one could get lucky and get the clueless cashier who is like "stupid machine, the CD is $14.99. Sorry for the wait, sir, I'll have to do a manual override." One can dream anyway... :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You're welcome! :D

I've considred using one of those hardcover coupons on that Calvin & Hobbes Collection! That would be sweet!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
forget using the 30% on calvin and hobbes.
it, as with all products, takes it off the full price, which for c/h is $150.
30% off that is $120, also happens to be the same as the instore price for the books.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Much obliged, Mike. My brother was able to get the Ramones DVD/CD box set he's been pining for forever for $45.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you i though something looked funny but it didnt register.

total would be $105, right?:D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This was a great coupon.

I'm still wishing I would have gone back with another coupon and picked up the Criterion version of Traffic.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I know how you feel. I've got another book to buy and wish I still had the 30% coupon....or even a 20% coupon.

THIS COUPON which is good until Christmas Eve is only good for $10 off a purchse of $50 or more. That's 20%...IF you purchase exactly $50 worth of stuff. The more you buy over $50...the less your savings (when calculated as a percentage of the total cost). Unfortunately, I don't think I have another $50 to spend at Borders right now. I know I could always find things to buy...but now's not the time. :frowning:

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Anyone looking to pick up the Calvin and Hobbes Set cannot do better than at Costco where it can be had for $89.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks