30 Minutes of Less - quick review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Not quite a fully fleshed out movie script, though they spent about 20 minutes trying to set up the premise and the characters' somewhat flat motivations, but the film does pick up some momentum and builds to a decent conclusion. Structure-wise, it feels like it's missing a middle act, so at best, I'd recommend it as a matinee or later as a rental. I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    On the surface, this movie sounds promising, but having seen the YouTube video of what really happened, I am just too creeped out to watch it. For the curious:
    A few years ago, some guy came up with the idea to rob a bank, claiming that someone had forced him to do it by strapping a bomb to him. It was supposed to be a fake bomb, but his partners double-crossed him by using a real one. The cops stopped him after he left the bank, and while they were in a standoff, the bomb blew up and killed him. There were TV crews there by that time, and the coverage can be found on YouTube.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm glad I found out about that unfortunate incident after I saw the movie.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Not to mention what happened in Australia just a few weeks ago -- they just now arrested the guy in Louisiana! Thankfully that bomb turned out to be fake.