What's new

3 VGA connestions into the X1? (1 Viewer)

Dave Borgman

Agent
Currently use:
Hi-def cable box component out to VGA in on the X1. (25' run)
DVD component out to S-Video on the X1. (25' run)
H-def cable box s-video out to s-video on X1. (25' run)(manual switch DVD and cable s-video to watch non hi-def channels).
Composite video for X-box. (25' run)

I would like to get a progressive scan DVD and hi-def X-Box connection. I see a couple of options.

First off i need to buy another 25' run of component for the X-Box.

option 1- run the 3 25' components to a HDTV component video switcher and run a short component out to the VGA adapter and into the X1.
This is the component switcher I am looking at http://www.inday.com/rgb4x/rgb4x.htm (is the 230Mhz bandwidth enough?)

option 2- buy 2 more component to vga adapters and run the 3 components with adapters to a VGA switcher and a short VGA cable to the X1. Are there any good VGA switchers out there for around the price of the component switcher I am looking at. Can you get by with a normal KVM switch like a computer would use?

It would be cheaper to buy a 25' run than 3 short runs and use one of the existing 25' runs (and have 1 left over doing nothing)to run from the switcher to the X1 (in case your wondering why i would run 3 25 footers).

Thanks for any help
Dave

PS I do try to answer questions if I have experience with what someone asks. its just my knowledge in this isn't very deep.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry I'm confused a little but if the problem is (3) 480p+ sources to the X1 the answer is simple..

Xbox, DVD Player, HD Cable Box --> Component switcher --> Component/VGA Transcoder (25') --> Projector

Does this sound right or am I missing something?

Dave Borgman

Agent
OK did up a little drawing of what I am talking about.

I already have 2 25' cables. So it would be cheaper for me to buy 1 25 footer and do the switching close to the x1 rather than buy 3 short cables and do the switching at the front of the room and run 1 25' to the x1.

I guess my real question is. Is this component switcher a good one? http://www.inday.com/rgb4x/rgb4x.htm (is the 230 MHz bandwidth enough?)

#2 what is available for VGA switchers? I don't really want to spend 500 bucks like I have seen some selling for.

Dave

Phil_Lunar

Stunt Coordinator
I am also very interested to ear a good solution to hook multiple sources to the infocus X1.

I personnaly got a panasonic RP-62 DVD player, HDTV(soon) and My PC that I will love to hook to my X1 VGA port.

I to wonder what is the best for picture quality? Component switch box or VGA switch box?

I am not looking for the best on the market, but I don't want any picture quality lost for my low-mid range equipement.

a 100$(not including cable) solution will pleased me!

Hi,

Same here! :)

The switch that dave is talking about seems pretty good to me. I'll bet I can't find it in Canada though :frowning:

GuyMaren

Agent
I put the Inday component switcher near my electronics with short component cables and only run one 25 foot component cable to the projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks