3 stooges the movie , to be made by farrely bros ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Xenia Stathakopoulou, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

When will hollywood stop messing around with the classics ![​IMG]

2. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Oops , forgot to mention, i saw this posted at 411 mania.com, in the movie section of their site.

3. David Deeb

David Deeb Supporting Actor

David
    Sorry if I should have started a new thread, but searched & found one already:

But it looks like this lamest of ideas is moving forward again. The Farralley Brothers, who fill their movies with jokes about snot, constipation & going to the bathroom are moving forward with this most terrible of an idea:

Three Stooges bringing zany antics to big screen - Yahoo! News

Please. Someone make this stop.

The only bright spot is perhaps this will ensure the completion of the wonderfully restored, magnificent Three Stooges Collection DVDs by Sony (currently up to Volume 4).

Not only are the Farralley brothers guaranteed to disrespect the comedy legends, there really are no other actors that should be playing Larry, Moe, Curly and Shemp, besides Larry, Moe, Curly and Shemp.

This is the stupidest idea to come out of Hollywood years, and that's saying something. Next month: The Andy Griffith Show Movie!

4. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Do you have a source on how they are guaranteed to disrespect the legends? I doubt anyone could disrespect them more than Columbia did.

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Here's a link to an article.
    MGM Sets 'Three Stooges' Movie for 2009 - Farrelly Brothers may finally make their slapstick dream picture - Zap2it

Sounds like a bad idea to me. Like that Honeymooners remake, it wont work because the Stooges worked due to their personalities. Hard to replicate that. They'll probably cast this too young like most the movies are these days so I just don't see it working. They admit in that article that at 20 minutes the Stooges barely work, a 90 minute movie? What time period will it be in?

6. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I may be the only member here to have worked with The Stooges when I was 10. I was in a TV special called "Who's Afraid Of Mother Goose" and played Little Boy Blue. The Stooges were the 3 Men In A Tub.

Being 10 and growing up watching them, they were gods to me when I saw them walk up a hall at rehearsal the first time. Moe even sent me 8mm copies of the early shorts with Curly when he learned I was a fan of celluloid at home.

This is a bad idea. There was an aborted attempt by Moe's son in law to do something decades ago, and he thought better of it. Also, The Fat Boys in "Disorderlies" (sp) were supposed to be a new Stooge thing.

Admire what they created...cherish what remains...and the memories that evokes.

7. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

Are we talking about a documentary type of film, or new actors just playing the original parts and continuing new Stooge adventures? If it's the latter, this idea is very unlikely to work. Just like the pathetic LITTLE RASCALS movie of some years back and the aforementioned HONEYMOONERS, you cannot have new actors playing bonafide established comedians of legend who were who they were because the people themselves WERE their character..

8. David Deeb

David

9. Steelheart1948

Steelheart1948 Auditioning

10. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

11. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

12. David Deeb

David