What's new

3 FOX FILM NOIR titles on March 11th (1 Viewer)

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Dvd Empire is listing "Black Widow", "Dangerous Crossing" and "Daisy Kenyon' for a march release. And no mentioning of Boomerang.

Anyway, can't wait for these 3. Now Fox has finally announced most of the titles listed on their Fox classics "coming soon" web page (I think the only remaining titles are The Robe and The Day the earth stood still).

I'm becoming very curious to find out what titles are to follow (particularly antecipating the rumoured second volumes for Tyrone Power and Betty Grable collections).

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
YESSS!!!

Thank you Fox!

I'd like to see them start re-issuing their "War Classics"... especially those starring one of my favorite actors, Richard Widmark.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
DAISY KENYON's really a "woman's picture," but a gratifying Preminger release anyway.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Marco, why reissuing war tiltes that are not out of print? I have a lot of them and I'm very pleased with their transfers.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't quite understand the classifying of Daisy Kenyon as a film noir. It's a melodrama not a film noir. It's too bad that Road House or Cry of the City wasn't released instead, but that doesn't mean I'm unhappy about Daisy Kenyon. It's just not a film noir.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison

Yeah...Dana Andrews is so damn dreamy ;)

One of the most underrated film noir leading men IMO. (not buying into the debate as to whether Daisy Kenyon constitutes being labeled film noir)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Cry of the City is a good film, directed by Robert Siodmak. It plays on the Fox Movie Channel a lot. I'm suprised it hasn't made the Fox Noir series yet. Maybe if they have another wave of noir releases; hopefully it won't be a year or more before we see more..

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There's nothing to buy into, it's not a film noir. Anyhow, it's going to be release so at least another classic film will make it onto DVD.

Crawdaddy

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Does anybody know if these releases are going to maintain the same theme (artwork and numbering) as the previous releases?

Just curious.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Black Widow? That's the one with Ginger Rogers and Gene Tierney, right? Interesting it should be listed as 'film noir', considering it's in color.....

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

I don't know why you're surprised given that they've already released "House of Bamboo" as part of the series.

I have no problem with a few color films -- "Niagra" and "Leave Her to Heaven" -- being classed as noir.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Hope that they complete all the Dana Andrews and Gene Tierney films on dvd: BELLE STARR and particularly THE IRON CURTAIN, a very provocative true story that bears many noirish qualities. Also would love to see Preminger's great THE THIRTEENTH LETTER out on dvd.

WadeM

Supporting Actor

They will follow the same artwork & numbering according to the pictures of them on the insert in the Charlie Chan Vol 3 box set.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I haven't seen that insert. It sounds like it's a new line..or possibly in the vein of their Cinema Classics line.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
NICE NEWS! can't wait, I really enjoyed all the noir Fox has released. I would relaly lie an official copy of Boomerang though. I thought they had the rights worked out on that one.

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
This news is great! I'm very happy this series isn't dead, and hope it continues after these releases.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Good to see the line coming back, though 2 of these selections are somewhat dubious choices. The reason why Cry of the City and Road House keeps getting passed over is beyond me.

BTW - Black Widow is not a noir either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks