What's new

3/$25 again at Hollywood Video. (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I haven't been to Hollywood Video in some time, but you can't beat these 3/$25 sales.

Picked up:

- Munich (1-disc)
- Syriana
- Underworld Evolution
- The New World (mainly the reason I walked in there)
- Lords of Dogtown
- Saw II

Much as I try to abstain from SD material, these rock-bottom prices are irresistible.

At this rate (and price point), I may never get around to buying HD movies.

I've also noticed that typical disc condition has improved due to lower rental rates (?), all six were spotless.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Frank: Interesting observation. I've noticed the same thing. Disc quality used to range from VERY bad to passable. Now I find most discs look brand new.

I usually try to stop into a HV for the sale every coupla months or so. I look at certain new release titles and figure I'll just wait a couple of months and hit Hollywood Video. A good exampale of that, for me, is next week's V for Vendetta. I'm intrigued by it...but it would be a blind buy...and I'm just in no rush to see it. I can wait a while for that kind of price.

I picked up Match Point, A History of Violence and Jarhead recently under that very premise...and I have yet to watch any of the three. :rolleyes:Must...make...time.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Note that these sales vary from store to store -- even when I get an email announcement of a new sale, not every Hollywood in my area is running the same deals.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
For casual readers, it's worth noting that HV rentals are in actual DVD cases.

I usually spend a good bit of time sifting though available copies of any given title and can usually find a spotless case.

Those HV guys are pretty clever, they now put the magnetic security strip on an orange tab that is removed when the case is unlocked.

They are also running running some kind of extreme sale on older titles, something like 4/$20 or even better.

Can't believe I used to pay 3/$33.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I think my HV is running "Buy 2 DVDs get 2 DVDs Free" on titles that are $7.99 and less. Might be $5.99 and less...but I think its the $7.99 and less titles.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator

I've already pre-ordered "V For Vendetta" and am just waiting for tonight's round-up post to see whether I need to cancel it for a lower price elsewhere. One of the best movies of the year, despite taking major liberties with the original graphic novel.

Timothy J Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
TimothyJackson Wolfe
"I think my HV is running "Buy 2 DVDs get 2 DVDs Free" on titles that are $7.99 and less. Might be $5.99 and less...but I think its the $7.99 and less titles."

At my local HV store they had the Buy 2 get 2 free on anything $9.99 or less. They also had all video gems $9.99 or les 4 for $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks