What's new

25 reasons why Halloween 9 should not be made!!! Audition Tapes now online!!! (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Here are 25 reasons why Halloween 9 should not be made. Check out some of these audition tapes from the people who sent in tapes to be an extra. The chick in video 21 is one of the most annoying chicks ever. The guy in tape 11 is refreshing. He mentions how he goes to sleep every night listenting to the Halloween theme song. Tape 24 (The guy dressed as Lori in the closet is pretty funny).

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/site/lobby.html

For the most part, I found many of the audition tapes to be very uninspired. I would have expected better.

None were excellent which I would have expected. I would have expected one or two to be very entertaining. Nada. A few are passible. Some are plain bad.

To view tapes, click on the top right hand side where it says meet top 25 finalists.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I read that Halloween 9 may be dumped in favor of a remake of the original w/ Carpenters involvement.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

No, that rumor was debunked officially by Dimension.

I don't need 25 reasons why part 9 shouldn't go before the cameras, I only need one. The last 7 were bad movies.

I will wait till its out on cable, definitely not something I would pay to see in a theatre or from Blockbuster, personally.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe this true but all the quotes (and some of the people quoted) sound phony. Who the hell cares what Rob Zombie's manager/producer thinks of him working on the new Halloween? :)

And the fact that this news is pulled from Bloody "Incorrect Rumor" Disgusting makes it sound even more like BS.

All that being said, I'd love to see his take on a Halloween movie.

Frank S

Grip
I heard Rob Zombie on a Jim Breuer Sirius radio show and they asked about Halloween 9 and he said not only wouldn't he direct it, he wouldn't want to see it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'd rather see him do a new film than a remake, but I'll take it. Zombie growth between HO1kC and The Devil's Rejects is just about the biggest jump between two films I've ever seen. It's like the guy spent the entire gap learning from the masters. I'm very interested to see what he does with old Michael Myers.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
If true about Rob Zombie, I would be inclined to be optimistic. It seems like he would be someone who would treat the film and story with respect and verisimultitude instead of just doing it for a paycheck. Of course, I was excited about Resurrection when I found out that Rick Rosenthal was going to direct and I saw the shots of the original Myers house. But we all know how awful that turned out to be.

Of course they have to make sure that they GET THE GODDAMNED MASK RIGHT! I mean how hard could it be to get the art department to craft a mask that looks like the original instead of, what seems like, buying one off the shelf at the local head shop. I really wanted to like some of the Halloween sequels, but when I see the awful mask that got used for anything after Halloween II just takes me out of the whole thing. Even the underrated Halloween 4 loses points from me on that. Another thing, why can't anyone realize that you are not supposed to be able to see Michael's eyes through the mask? And also, can someone have enough brains to use the original score, at least partially. Even the original Halloween would have been nothing without the brilliant score and the mask.

Sorry for the rant, but it had to be said.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
From Rob Zombie's Blog...

Okay here's the real deal for those of you who are confused. As I said yesterday - I am not making Halloween 9. That series is done, complete, over.

But what I am doing is starting totally from from scratch. This the new HALLOWEEN. Call it a remake, an update, a reimaging or whatever, but one thing that for sure is this is a whole new start... a new begining with no connection to the other series. That is exactly why the project appeals to me. I can take it and run with it.

I talked to John Carpenter about this the other day and he said, "Go for it, Rob. Make it your own". And that's exactly what I intend to do.

Any questions? Go ahead and ask'em.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...d-82e7f0d8709e

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It's good to hear it from the man himself. I'm very interested to see what he does.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I am more than happy to be wrong back in Post 12. :) I love the original (and even Halloween II and Halloween 4) and can't wait to see what he does with his movie.

It'd be funny if he didn't use Michael Myers and just remade Halloween III. "Happy, happy Halloween... Silver Shamrock."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks