What's new

24: Season Two in Dolby 5.1? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I was just finished watching tonight's episode of 24, and I was a little surprised to notice that Dolby Digital logo at the end of the credits, instead of the usual Fox TV Dolby Surround logo.

Could this mean that the next box set of 24 will feature Dolby Digital 5.1? Or just DD surround?

Anyone know anything about this?

John Simon

Second Unit
Anyone know when Fox plans to release this? I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been any news at all. While I was hesitant to buy the first season because I had some doubts about its replay value, this season has been so amazing I have no doubts at all.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, season one was released in late September - remember that Fox starts 24 after baseball, so late August would put them two months before the season 3 premiere, which they probably figure would be too long.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Fox digital is weird. Supposedly they're going to broadcast sporting events in DD 5.1, but they won't do 5.1 on 5.1 sources like movies, and TV shows (24).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's quite possible that the 5.1 mixes aren't complete too. Doing 5.1 for a weekly TV show is VERY difficult, especially if you want to mix it properly and balance it.

They showed Episode 1 in 5.1 from what I hear

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks