What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I liked Janeane Garafalo's work in Ratatouille, so she seems alright. She's been out of the spotlight long enough that I think it may not be distracting.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
My initial reaction to JG's casting was "ugh". It has nothing to do with her politics. She just strikes me as someone who shows up, reads her lines, and leaves, not caring much about what the show or character requires. To me, she always plays JG. I don't consider her a very good actress. We can say this isn't stunt casting, but I happen to believe you can walk into almost any broadway show and find at least one actress that'd play her role better. I doubt she was the best available, and certainly not the cheapest. So yeah, I do think it was a bit of casting a name. That said, her simple presence will not prevent me from enjoying the show or seeing her performance for what it is at the time it happens (as opposed to my expectations).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Uh, we don't know what her role is. For all we know, the writers may have come up with a smart, sarcastic, but oddly likable woman, maybe even with her in mind.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Which is why I said despite my initial misgivings, I'll just wait and see how it plays out. But hey, if me expressing my initial misgivings while labeling them as such bothers ya, sorry.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I'm with you, man. Of all the people they could cast for 24 she's definitely not one I would've chosen, but I'm still going to watch the show and enjoy it regardless.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm, Walsh is moving over to "24". Personally, I don't mind him in Entourage nearly as much as some people do and he will probably be a good addition to the cast. The show needs a smart-ass, dickhead type of guy to butt heads with Jack(assuming that's the type of role he'll be playing).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If Fox is already ruining something like that in a press release four months before the episodes start to run, I wish good luck to anyone who wants to be surprised when the episode actually airs because it'll be in every commercial that they run.

EDIT: By the way, that's f-in' awesome news. :)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I like Tony as much as the next guy, but that's weak. Maybe Jack's wife can make a comeback too. And how about Edgar.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I'd agree with you ifit was anyone but Tony. :) I'm sure they'll give some (ridiculous) reason how Tony survived and why his survival was kept secret. He was 'only' poisoned as opposed to being shot or being exposed to nerve gas so I guess saving him on the way to the hospital isn't as crazy as surviving those things.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The article I read also said that

Bill Buchannan will be back as well. Chloe also (but that was pretty much already known about her

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Responding to Travis That is certainly the explanation I would expect them to use, since that is the argument I have been putting forward for them being able to bring him back, ever since they failed to give him the silent clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks