132. Chinese Security Guard/Jack
133. Chinese Security Guard/Jack
134. Chinese Security Guard/Jack
135. Chinese Security Guard/Jack
136. Chinese Security Guard/Jack
137. Chinese Security Guard/Jack
138. Chinese Security Guard/Jack
139. Phillip Bauer/F-18 airstrike

Jack’s grand total: 50 killed (with 38 shot, 7 blown up, 2 broken necks, 1 hanged, 1 human shield and 1 biting out of a guy’s throat)

Needless to say, I loved seeing Buchanan and Jack's team up. :)

I'm sure people will not dig it but I thought the ending was good because it went against the BIG ending that you'd expect. Plus, it's good to see Jack's emotional story get finished off. This was definitely a Season Three-style ending where they wrap up nearly everyone so they can start anew in the next season. Although unlike S3, they gave the characters happy endings ('cept Jack of course).

Over the last week, I rewatched the season again and I have to say that being able to move right on to another episode after a weak episode made the season flow better. I’ve griped enough about what was wrong this season so I’m going to highlight the cool stuff that happened this year:

- Jack biting out one of Fayed’s guard’s throat
- The bomb actually detonating this time
- Morris being beaten into arming the nuclear bombs and the (only interesting) story that resulted for a CTU office character
- Logan’s all too brief return
- Lennox and Daniels had the only interesting White House story and Peter MacNicol and Powers Boothe both were great
- The raid on the Russian consulate
- Gredenko’s arm being chopped off
- Doyle was a good character for Bauer to work with and against
- Jack killing Fayed and stopping them from detonating the bomb (That scene is arguably a series highlight)
- The scene where Heller tells Jack that he’s cursed
- The Chinese assault on the CTU and Jack and Doyle’s striking back at them
- The death of Milo (although it seems like only I cared about that one :) )
- Buchanan and Jack teaming up to save Josh
- The ending

Overall, it was the weakest season of the show but it’s still better than nearly everything on television.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad I watched the 2 hour finale via picture-in-picture (the main window being Dancing with the Stars and then Heroes) because neither hour required much attention span as this 'day' limped to the finish line in truly unspectacular fashion.

Any hopes of Doyle taking over for the Jack Bauer Power Hour blew up in his face. Haha.

Should we care that Chloe's preggers, or that Miles might not be the dad? Who cares.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Why wouldn't Morris be the father? They've been together prior to the beginning of the season.

Either way, I don't think it matters because I'd bet that everyone but Kiefer Sutherland (and maybe Mary Lynn Rajskub) aren't going to be returning next season.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
now that the season's over, i'm glad i spoilt it for ya :laugh: what a crappy season from beginning to end. highlights include:
-curtis+nuke going off
-jack bauer charges+clears room and chain hangs fyad
-jack clears azn terrorists
-oil rig.

outside of those moments, twas a crappy way the season ended :angry: this has become desperate housewives :eek:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I haven't commented at all this season. Let's just say I'm in general agreement that this was a down season for "24".

That said, I thought the finale was pretty damn good. We got lots of action AND believeable closure on pretty much all of the characters and story threads.

The final 15 minutes was unexpected and amazingly tense. The writers showed great restraint and Keifer did his best acting of the season as he closed off his final emotional connection to the "24" world as we've known it. They've definitely set things up for almost a complete reboot next year.

I say "almost", because it looks like the next "villain" will definitely be the Chinese (see Tom's statement about not letting their actions go, and Cheng's threat).

Nah, they briefly showed him still on the platform seconds before the strike.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, now that the curtain has finally come down on the worst season of 24 yet I can honestly say that I'm glad that they're blowing the whole show up and starting from scratch next year(or so they say at least). The only person I'll miss is Buchanan, but I can live with him not being on the show if it means getting rid of all the other dead weight. I thought the finale had some good moments, but like the rest of the season it was a big letdown compared to past 24 season finales. Jack's speech to Heller was definitely the highlight of the episode for me(excellent acting by Kiefer), but the way it faded out at the end just didn't work IMHO. After brilliant past endings like Teri dying, Palmer being poisoned, Jack faking his own death and Jack being kidnapped by the chinese this was certainly not what I expected. Oh well, I'll give the writers and producers a "mulligan" for this season and just hope that they can recover with a kick ass season next year.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Nice to see the season come to a close. It had its moments, but it was a good step down compared to last year. I was watching the two hours, and I realized I just didn't care. Hopefully, next year they'll come back with a strong season, completely rebooted (and without Chloe please - I figured the pregnancy news + Morris patch-up was a good send off to the character). Fox promised us the best season yet with the next one, so if they don't live up to it, maybe we can sue or something. :D

And you just watch and see, Doyle will be back....with an eye patch!

Joe_H

Screenwriter
The finale was good, but it didn't make up for the horrible season that preceded it.

I still can't agree that the worst season of 24 this year is better than anything else on TV though, for that I'd say look to Heroes, Dexter, S1 of Prison Break, hell, even Day Break was better than this year of 24 in my opinion, and that got cancelled.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'd have a much smaller list of good moments in this season (copied and pasted from Travis' post)

- The bomb actually detonating this time [and Curtis being killed]
- Morris being beaten into arming the nuclear bombs and the (only interesting) story that resulted for a CTU office character
- Jack killing Fayed and stopping them from detonating the bomb (That scene is arguably a series highlight)
- The scene where Heller tells Jack that he’s cursed
- The Chinese assault on the CTU and Jack and Doyle’s striking back at them
- Buchanan and Jack teaming up to save Josh
- The ending

When Chloe fainted, I was half-expecting House to show up :D although it was pretty obvious that she was pregnant way before she told Morris.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Add the scene where Jack interrogated his brother, Graham, to the short list of good moments this season. That was very intense.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Btw, what was up with Milo's brother pulling the Keyser Soze move on Nadia? He just vanished into thin air while she was on the phone for no apparent reason. :confused:

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Uhhhg!
Horrible ending. Kim Raver showed up for a sleep performance cameo?
How nice of the Producers to give us that closure.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I thought it was ok but nothing special, perhaps this show has run out if time? Don't get me wrong, it is still better than a lot of crap on tv now but it is not what it once was, IMHO.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
One thing that really bothered me about the ending was how the Russians so easily accepted that the circuit board was destroyed in the air assault. It wouldn't have been an impossible scenario for Cheng or Daddy Bauer to get away with it on the boat before the air strike.

As for the season, the trend definitely continued that each season is worse than the previous. Although I have to say if that trend continues next season I might bail on the show.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator

i agree unfortunately. This used to be one of my not-to-miss shows, but that changed this year. I really think they had the idea for the first 4 hours, and just made it up from there. Pretty sad

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I completely disagree that each season has been worse than the last(excluding this year of course). Season 2 was an awesome follow up to season 1 and seasons 4/5 were gigantic improvements over season 3. This year just sucked plain and simple, but I'm willing to give the writers and producers the benefit of the doubt that they can come back and deliver a great season next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks