What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Outside of having the movie take place after S7, I'd think the best 'time' to do a movie is between S2 and S3. Then you have Jack, Tony, Michelle, Chase, Chloe and Kim all working for the CTU and have Palmer as President. However, setting the movie before any season of the show robs the movie of the suspense of if a character will live or die.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
24: The Game on PS2 has covered the time period between Seasons 2 & 3, so if they made a movie covering the same time, to me, would seem redundant.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

In the first few seasons, a character would go to a location and stay there for several episodes, and if they had to move to a new location, they'd be out of the action for half an episode. Starting around Season 4, a character could leave a location at the end of one episode and be at a new location by the end of the first act of the next. In Season 5 it got to the point that Jack could get anywhere in L.A. between commercial breaks (unless the plot called for the bad guys to attack him).

If you go back and rewatch Season 1, it's amazing how much time Jack spends just driving around L.A. from one location to the next.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
By season 5, Jack just happened to figure out that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line...traveling at the speed of sound. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
From the pilot forward, they've always cheated the time to get places. The only time that it takes time to get places on 24 is when Kiefer Sutherland gets some time off or when they don't have as much for Jack to do in the episode. When they need to get a certain place quickly, they're right near it and if they have other characters' stories to fill the episode with, it takes longer for Jack to get places. It's always been a matter of what is more convenient for the story.

And what's more exciting, Jack sitting in traffic on a cell phone or Jack kicking ass? :)

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator
I actually liked that about the season 1. And think about it...if the show is written well, you can create tension with the fact that Jack CAN'T can't everywhere in 10 mins. But they don't choose to go that route.

It's another reason why season 1 was so good. I remember watching that show when it aired on TV...and if Jack said he'd be there in 20-30 mins, he truly was. Now, he'll get there in 5-10. And it takes away from the show.

Why have a real-time show that doesn't believe in its own concept? It just becomes any other show with action at this point? It takes place in one day, and each episode is an hour...but that's pretty much it which is unfortunate.

I don't want to see Jack in traffic for 45 mins, but I don't want to see him go from one side of L.A to another in 5 mins, either. There really needs to be more balance, here.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
s1 was the best. s2 and s3 was really great except for kim bauer. i mean fighting cougars? that's stupid. s4-s5 weren't as great as s1... but it's still good.

the reason is that we luv action movies... nowadays, instead of going to your local cineplex for action movies, you can tune into your HDTV+sound system. and shows like 24, prison break, stargates, lost, etc deliver that cinematic experience in spades =).

we'll have to thank X-Files for that. they started the whole cinematic on TV thing.

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator

Not really...it was much more faithful to what the show is about.

I remember after Jack saved Palmet from the "cell phone bomb," it took him a good 30 minutes to drive to the docks to meet the Drazens. It was just more realistic...the writers/producers did a better job of working the story within the real-time concept.

It'll never be perfect, but it was 10 times better in season 1.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Obviously, we're going to have to agree to disagree but I remember in the pilot when Jack got to work in about 4 minutes which illustrates that the characters have always gotten places fast or slow depending on if the writers have something for that character to do in the episode. If they're building up to another episode, it takes a long time for a character to get somewhere. If they want to get the character right into the action, the character is there quickly.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i see food sometimes... but i always wonder when any of the characters eat+drink+goto bathroom with all this crisis happening. i assume it's all done inside of the commercials.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just saw season6 episode 1 premiere. OMFG it's sooooooooooooo good. there's somn nasty that happens in the last few minutes... but other than that not as good or surprising as season5 opening (that was the best premiere ep) but jack is back in kickass mode.

it's very good =D. the actor from harold+kumar (the indian guy) is here. v. interesting.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Not gonna watch S6 when it airs.

1. Just watched Season 5 for the first time, on DVD over 3 days last weekend. Much more enjoyable that way.

2. I have too many other shows I am watching weekly right now, (or soon), Dirt, Rome, Heroes, BSG, Smallville, Lost.

3. Will wait until Season 6 is on DVD, then watch it all over a long weekend again.

BTW, I liked S5. I thought it was interesting. The thing for S6 though, is I hope they come up with something new as the threat. They've done Chem, Bio, Nuc a few times now. Would like to see some original angle on the threat.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I love watching full seasons of shows on DVD, but I just can't do that with 24. I have to get my fix as soon as it airs(plus it's something you can look forward to every Monday night).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For me, part of the fun of 24 is having to wait week to week to see what happens next. I think it pumps up the suspense because I can't just go to the next episode on the disc to see what happens next. Granted, not everyone thinks that way. :)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Upcoming promo appearances (according to the TiVo schedule guide):

Jon Cassar on 'Life After Film School' - Sun 1/7 on FMC (7:30 PM Eastern)

KS on Leno, Monday 1/8

KS on Live With Regis and Kelly, Friday 1/12

KS on Conan, Fri 1/12 (actually early Sat 1/13, Eastern)

A new "E! True Hollywood Story" episode, devoted to '24' -
Sat 1/13 (6 PM Eastern)
Mon 1/15 (1 AM Eastern)

Mary Lynn Rajskub on 'Talkshow With Spike Feresten' - Sun 1/14, midnight Eastern on my local FOX affiliate (I've never heard of the show...don't know anything else about it.)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks